Autism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to a lot of that. Working with autistic kids is the good bit of my job it's the rest of it that I've been struggling with recently. The half term has been a good break but I need to find something else.

Have you heard much about autistic burnout because that might have been what happened after the meltdown. I'll find a link if you want. I don't know about Tasker House. You'll know about working with anxiety and that it's small steps. The whole pandemic situation is also making it even more difficult.
Yeah it was burn out never heard of it at time but found out later from someone the wife was talking to at a carers day.
As you say small steps are the key and pandemic didn't help.

It's the friends and family of us aspies I feel sorry for, they suffer a lot because of our traits. With my first wife I had the best and worst times of my life, we never knew I had Asperger's and everything was so confusing for both of us. She still doesn't know.

It's the friends and family of us aspies I feel sorry for, they suffer a lot because of our traits. With my first wife I had the best and worst times of my life, we never knew I had Asperger's and everything was so confusing for both of us. She still doesn't know.

Getting an official diagnosis gave us a different outlook toward each other, she realised I wasn't being twattish on purpose and I realised how much it affected her and I had to control and understand my own aspie misgivings and we are much calmer and forgiving of each other these days.
One of the biggest things for me is auditory processing, if I'm in an environment where the music is too loud and I need to work something out in my head It can close my thinking down.

Last edited:
Some interesting new research here it's about neurodivergent people and work. Basically it's saying neurotypical people tend to think workplaces are inclusive and only about half of neurodivergent people do with autistic people feeling the least included. There is also still a lot of stigma with 50% saying they would not want to employ a neurodivergent person, even though they probably do already but don't know about it.

Getting an official diagnosis gave us a different outlook toward each other, she realised I wasn't being twattish on purpose and I realised how much it affected her and I had to control and understand my own aspie misgivings and we are much calmer and forgiving of each other these days.
One of the biggest things for me is auditory processing, if I'm in an environment where the music is too loud and I need to work something out in my head It can close my thinking down.

Was diagnosed in 2016 and it's helped a lot I think with her understanding of when to see I am not being difficult for the sake of it. I feel I am still working at improving myself though and probably always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back