Australia vs England ODIs

incredible the drop in crowds over the last couple of decades (of which i'm guilty of). this game could be played at any of the suburban melbourne grounds and you'd still have plenty of space.*

*unless a sub continent team are involved.

Last edited:
Would you turn up to work and not arse yourself?

Smoker you never seem very happy with England, its been a canny unbelievable year like, try it enjoy it more.

Its like our 3rd team
incredible the drop in crowds over the last couple of decades (of which i'm guilty of). this game could be played at any of the suburban melbourne grounds and you'd still have plenty of space.*

*unless a sub continent team are involved.

Crowds always been poor in November in particular in Oz mind.
Edit: just turned on and see , Elder you might have a point!

Last edited:
Smoker you never seem very happy with England, its been a canny unbelievable year like, try it enjoy it more.
Not having a go at smoker cos’ he’s a very good poster, especially in the Ukraine Russia thread. But I do feel like there’s a few on here that almost enjoy Durham/England failing as they really stick the boot in and can say “I told you so”

Like I say not an attack on smoker as he’s a great poster I’m just using your post as an example.

my view is there's still too much fairly pointless cricket being played (not much at stake), this one day series is probably a good example. not sure if either side is getting much value out of it.

before white ball cricket really took hold with T20 coming along, international cricket matches in Oz were fairly big occasions. you had a 5 test series over the summer (or 2 shorter series) followed by the one day international tri series and people used to set their calendars and plan their holidays around them as there wasn't that much opportunity outside of that.

more cricket might be good for a global tv audience but it doesn't seem to ignite punters to go along to the grounds.

145/0
my view is there's still too much fairly pointless cricket being played (not much at stake), this one day series is probably a good example. not sure if either side is getting much value out of it.

before white ball cricket really took hold with T20 coming along, international cricket matches in Oz were fairly big occasions. you had a 5 test series over the summer (or 2 shorter series) followed by the one day international tri series and people used to set their calendars and plan their holidays around them as there wasn't that much opportunity outside of that.

more cricket might be good for a global tv audience but it doesn't seem to ignite punters to go along to the grounds.
It's payback for when Aussies came over during covid to play
176/0
Moeen on as concussion sub for Salt, who hurt head while fielding

Last edited:
145/0

It's payback for when Aussies came over during covid to play
176/0
Moeen on as concussion sub for Salt, who hurt head while fielding
Can tell going forward only really having 5 bowling options doesnt work. Malan should be bowling more
Thankfully Root to slot back in and Livingstone would complement Rash, Woody, Archer, Woakes, Curran

Huge innings coming up for Roy, given Bairstow, Hales, Smeed, Duckett, Salt, Malan all with form behind them

Last edited:
Can tell going forward only really having 5 bowling options doesnt work. Malan should be bowling more
Thankfully Root to slot back in and Livingstone would complement Rash, Woody, Archer, Woakes, Curran

Huge innings coming up for Roy, given Bairstow, Hales, Smeed, Duckett, Salt, Malan all with form behind them
Root hasn't played ODI since July
194/0
200/0

Last edited:

That crowd is amazing like, I dont think I have ever seen less at the MCG

I have heard that this aussie team aint that popular for whatever reason.
Root hasn't played ODI since July
194/0
200/0

So? what ODIs have we had?

he is in dubai with the test squad

wisden podcast made a great point about players like Roy, which I totally agreed with. Some like him just play no red ball cricket in CC and no 50 over royal london stuff

his whole career is just franchise shite opening the batting and attempting to score 50 from 30 balls or whatever as quick as possible. as soon as you are out of form you can just spiral, no time in the middle, pressure increases, and no real way of turning it round apart from trying to attack more.

Where does Roy go from here? to the big bash to try and thrash some runs, if that goes wrong the offers will soon dry up

Roy always played a fair bit for Surrey sure @TheRey will have watched him a lot over the years. He just never see him anymore.

Its why I wasnt worried when I saw Will Smeed retire from red ball stuff at 21, not many will follow, you need longer cricket to develop technique and just time to bat.

Last edited:
I get the impression England just aren't bothered about this series. They've just won the t20 World Cup to be fair.
Not just the England team. No one is bothered really. Amazing considering it's England v Australia.

50 over cricket dying a faster death than 4-5 day is.

Back