Australia vs England ODIs

England Men's selection panel have named a 15-strong squad for the three-match ODI series against Australia starting in November.

England Men's ODI squad:

Jos Buttler (Lancashire) Captain
Moeen Ali (Warwickshire - from 1 November)
Sam Billings (Kent)
Sam Curran (Surrey)
Liam Dawson (Hampshire)
Chris Jordan (Surrey)
Dawid Malan (Yorkshire)
Adi Rashid (Yorkshire)
Jason Roy (Surrey)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Olly Stone (Nottinghamshire - from 1 November)
James Vince (Hampshire)
David Willey (Northamptonshire - from 1 November)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
Luke Wood (Lancashire)

England Men's ODI Series versus Australia Schedule:

First ODI: Australia v England, Thursday 17 November 2022, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide (1.50pm local)

Second ODI: Australia v England, Saturday 19 November 2022, SCG, Sydney (2.20pm local)

Third ODI: Australia v England, Tuesday 22 November 2022, MCG, Melbourne (2.20pm local)

Not a lot of excitement for this series it would seem.

I certainly won't be criticising them if they can't be arsed and get stuffed in all three

Those comments really annoyed me

Ali is one of my fav players but sick of this moaning from him

I think we all accept that these games shouldn’t go ahead however Ali would have loads of time off if he wasn’t constantly playing franchise cricket

I don’t see him complaining about playing an IPL game every 3 days, or going to South Africa for franchise cricket this winter

It really is double stAndards

Not me.....erm
Well they bowled really well at the beginning, took four wickets, though only Salt would have had any chance to be in this team normally imo. Roy out of nick, Vince (meh) and Billings (after a bright start).
Then in come the big boys of Malan and Butler to steady the ship.

Last edited:
Butler gone now, not a lot of batting left, this could be a bloodbath.
Nice Dawid
Very silly
Not sure we'll bat out 40 overs here
Century for Malan, not all doom and gloom, but Ozzies still favourites against England B ;)
The pitch is very benign, our only hope is the amount of swing they have achieved.
Hopefully Willey can make it hoop and get some early wickets to make a game of it, albeit without the assistance of sandpaper.
Malan has a chance of England's highest ever ODI score on this pitch.

Last edited:

Back