Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Ashes Test ⚱️ Brisbane

Better record than woakes
Doesn't matter, he wasn't picked and Woakes was. Even if Woakes has an average of 100, deal with it like a teammate and support him.

My point about the averages though is that I'm just saying Broad isn't special enough to moan about being dropped in Australia. When he was rested in the first test against Windies at home people had sympathy for him as he's so good at home (even though it was made very clear it was because they were resting and rotating for the future - and his ego couldn't handle it.

Doesn't matter, he wasn't picked and Woakes was. Even if Woakes has an average of 100, deal with it like a teammate and support him.

My point about the averages though is that I'm just saying Broad isn't special enough to moan about being dropped in Australia. When he was rested in the first test against Windies at home people had sympathy for him as he's so good at home (even though it was made very clear it was because they were resting and rotating for the future - and his ego couldn't handle it.
He was probably just asked a question and gave honest answer he's one of our best ever and should have played if fit

He was probably just asked a question and gave honest answer he's one of our best ever and should have played if fit
Maybe i'd give him the benefit of the doubt if it was the first time. But he wasn't just asked the question against Windies at home though, he deliberately steered the conversation to rant about it on live TV about it. He's meant to be a senior member of the team and he's throwing the captain, coach, and Leah under the bus here.

Have a feeling they might leave him out again
If there was one game to play Broad it should have been the Gabba. The wicket suits his style and he's taken 12 wickets at 24.58 there in the past.

Woakes and Overton took a load of wickets at Adelaide last time, and along with Anderson, are more likely to get swing from the pink ball.

If there was one game to play Broad it should have been the Gabba. The wicket suits his style and he's taken 12 wickets at 24.58 there in the past.

Woakes and Overton took a load of wickets at Adelaide last time, and along with Anderson, are more likely to get swing from the pink ball.
Yeah Dobell thinks Woakes will play. I love Broad and maybe he should have played but it was England’s batting rather than bowling that lost that 1st test

Maybe i'd give him the benefit of the doubt if it was the first time. But he wasn't just asked the question against Windies at home though, he deliberately steered the conversation to rant about it on live TV about it. He's meant to be a senior member of the team and he's throwing the captain, coach, and Leah under the bus here.

I don't mind it myself. We complain when we feel players aren't fussed about playing; we complain when they're just "robots" who repeat PR shite; we have one of our best ever bowlers asked a question and complain when he gives an honest answer?

Frankly if I was Broad and turned up on a green pitch at the Gabba and got dropped for a "spinner" who got absolutely carted, I'd have wanted to air my frustrations to.

He wants to play every single game he can for England, and is annoyed at a ridiculous decision to drop him for a slow bowler. Can't say I blame him tbh

I don't mind it myself. We complain when we feel players aren't fussed about playing; we complain when they're just "robots" who repeat PR shite; we have one of our best ever bowlers asked a question and complain when he gives an honest answer?

Frankly if I was Broad and turned up on a green pitch at the Gabba and got dropped for a "spinner" who got absolutely carted, I'd have wanted to air my frustrations to.

He wants to play every single game he can for England, and is annoyed at a ridiculous decision to drop him for a slow bowler. Can't say I blame him tbh
I think people do like to complain about Broad more mind. He is more middle class I think 🤔

Headline: man works for money
Gone out of his way to criticize and undermine his coach and captain for not picking him.

Being asked off the cuff by a journalist I still wouldn't agree with it. This is worse.

Ashes series they all need to be pulling together.

Clearly the coach has Ok'd as he did against the Windies which I don't get whatsoever.

Prove a point in nets and get yourself in the side and then go out and perform.

Last edited:
Gone out of his way to criticize and undermine his coach and captain for not picking him.

Being asked off the cuff by a journalist I still wouldn't agree with it. This is worse.

Ashes series they all need to be pulling together.

Clearly the coach has Ok'd as he did against the Windies which I don't get whatsoever.

Prove a point in nets and get yourself in the side and then go out and perform.
It was a horrific decision not to play him.

If I was Broad, with the wood I've got over their left handers, in my last ever game at the Gabba, on a green pitch with rain around, and I'm dropped for Jack f***ing Leach, I'm gonna be saying a bit more than just "I was fit, I just didn't get selected". I'd be absolutely coating whoever's decision it was, not politely answering a question with my honest opinions

It was a horrific decision not to play him.

If I was Broad, with the wood I've got over their left handers, in my last ever game at the Gabba, on a green pitch with rain around, and I'm dropped for Jack f***ing Leach, I'm gonna be saying a bit more than just "I was fit, I just didn't get selected". I'd be absolutely coating whoever's decision it was, not politely answering a question with my honest opinions
That’s not how being in a team works

Back