Audible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve signed up to the three month trial.

Just finished Magician by Raymond E Feist.

Started on Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds - narrated by Michael Sheen, Taron Egerton, Theo James, Adrian Edmondson and Anna-Marie Wayne. I’m surprised how good it is, mixes the book with Jeff Wayne’s score.

Love audible, can commute on bike off road so get to listen to book for up to 2 hours a day.

Love audible, can commute on bike off road so get to listen to book for up to 2 hours a day.

Yes, my daily commute is around two hours daily on the bus. Don’t enjoy reading on the bus. I used to listen to audiobooks on my old iPhone 4 but stopped for awhile when I changed phones. I’ll be finished with War of the Worlds tomorrow night. Next one will be Stephen King’s IT.

WotW is very.... English! Michael Sheen narration as the journalist is very Victorian British.

Last edited:
So far I’ve managed to get through Noel Fitzpatrick’s Autobiography (very good, funny and sad at times) and The Martian, which I enjoyed have been listening to them in the car on my way back from work on a night, usually a 40 minute journey, came in handy the other week when I was stuck in the car for three hours because of snow.

Have one more credit coming up, so looking for something that I can listen to when I drive over in Easter, so looking for something to keep going on a two hour ferry and then a four hour drive and back again.

Does anyone do Audible whilst driving? I’m worried i could zone out from what’s on the road to listen to the book which would be dangerous. maybe i’ve just got a small brain.
Anyone?

Might be a free trial. You can take the offer, then cancel straight away. You'll still receive the 3 months
Prime special offer Audible 3 month trial. Existing Audible Members included. - hotukdeals
I took the three month free trial and you can down load any book you want. Currently listening to Antony Beevor`s Second World War. It`s pretty good. Last month there was a two for one offer so ended up getting 4 free books during my trial. I`ve seen a couple of other books I want so I`ll pay my subs for 2 or 3 months then keep the ones I have and that should keep me going for a fair while.

Some books are better as Audiobooks. World War Z for example, is a tremendous book to begin with, but the audiobook is gamechanging.

Might give it ago, I found that the catalogue wasn't massive, didn't have all the books I want, and not sure if listening to a book takes away the enjoyment of reading too much, can you really get into a book just by audio?

How big a catalogue are you looking for? Virtually every book on Amazon has Audible available.

An absolutely essential tool for the modern postie! Wander around for a few hours, get home and you've read a hundred pages or whatever, don't feel like you've wasted your day! I usually use my credits on the longest, most expensive books that seem interesting.

There are also extra freebies for members - I just downloaded a Stephen Fry series, 'Victorian Secrets'.

If anyone's reading this from the start it might be worth mentioning that you CAN buy books through the app. The website is really good though, loads of reviews of the audio versions, not just the books, listen to samples etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back