Attendance - 41,000

Knock 7k off today's attendance apparently. Could probably knock 2k off at best. But either way, I'll never understand how much the attendance being announced rattles people so much so they need to vent it on a message board.
This, it was very close to 40k in the ground for me. I don't think some of them remember what the ground looks like with 30k in it. We've been doing it on tickets sold since god knows when, infact most clubs do why people piss their knickers every week I'll never know. You get the feeling some would gan round and do a head count it seems to matter to them so much.
Why would HMRC ask them to do that?
Report tickets sold?.
I think what the OP is trying to get over, is that a lot of people with ST's are not turning up. I know for a fact people do this, when a club is struggling, especially when the season looks dead and buried. How many do this is open to debate, probably not as many as some would like to think, but if the attendance was based on those who actually did attend rather than those who bought a ST, then if the attendance was given out as lets say 35000 , down maybe a couple or a few thousand from the previous home game, then that should send out a message to the owners, who you would like to think would be concerned, they were certainly concerned back in the day, when a bad run of form could see the ( mainly pay on the day ) attendance go down from say 17000 to 13000 over the course of 2 or 3 home games, managers got sacked because of this. If an attendance is continually given out as 40k, regardless of whether there are 40k in or 35k,33k or 30k then it paints a picture that everything is rosy in the garden, when clearly it isn't.
They probably have those numbers after the game for safety reasons I'm sure they'll need to know how many people passed through the turnstiles. It's been announced as tickets sold since I can remember.

Last edited:
Is it a legal requirement to announce the attendance?
If so it's incorrect, as the attendance is surely those that actually attend.
If not, why do we do it.
To thank us for our incredible support of course 😜 if they stopped you'd have people moaning about that too. I'm far from a club apologiests infact I've been accused of being a moaner in the past but the obsession with them reporting tickets sold near the end of the game like every other club now does they can't win if they'd stopped people would winge about that.

Report tickets sold?.
Well they can do all that in the accounts. I doubt HMRC are scanning the announcement during the game or BBC for the info
To make sure they're declaring the right income from tickets & not fiddling the VAT I guess
Yea but couldn’t they do that during reporting accounts? They don’t need to use the figures during the game surely

Last edited:
Lots of SC holders not going and seems they're counted in then the crowd will always be exaggerated. I still thought crowd wasn't bad, about 37 k I would guess.

Well done QPR, I didn't expect that many to come up.

I went, really didn’t want to and now wished i hadn’t. Highlight of the day was seeing all the pro mag stickers in the concourse…….two and a half months after the saudis came 🙈

Back