Attendance - 41,000

I honestly think people that post about these attendances every week or thick as fuck, what can’t people understand about attendance figures it has and always will be based on tickets sold
I think what the OP is trying to get over, is that a lot of people with ST's are not turning up. I know for a fact people do this, when a club is struggling, especially when the season looks dead and buried. How many do this is open to debate, probably not as many as some would like to think, but if the attendance was based on those who actually did attend rather than those who bought a ST, then if the attendance was given out as lets say 35000 , down maybe a couple or a few thousand from the previous home game, then that should send out a message to the owners, who you would like to think would be concerned, they were certainly concerned back in the day, when a bad run of form could see the ( mainly pay on the day ) attendance go down from say 17000 to 13000 over the course of 2 or 3 home games, managers got sacked because of this. If an attendance is continually given out as 40k, regardless of whether there are 40k in or 35k,33k or 30k then it paints a picture that everything is rosy in the garden, when clearly it isn't.

hilarious to compare pictures against the mags with apparently 2.5k more in than yesterday where there is literally not a spare seat anywhere. And look at the half empty stands from yesterday. Yes I know there was more segregation but it’s night and day.

About as many as were at the Mag match?
No chance

If you take out the 5-6k that got kicked out of their seat for the match then it would absolutely mirror the home fans sections for that game. 100%. Let's not forget the mags had the whole north stand so there was no home fans there that day.

Yeah but just look at the number of people on here saying they’ll be buying tickets again next season.

Why the fuck would the club change anything when there’s absolutely zero incentive for them to do so?
Of course I’ll be buying my ticket again next season because it’s my club. Why wouldn’t I? Are you trying to suggest it’s some sort of badge of honour to come on here and proudly say you won’t renew?

Looked around 32/33k there. Certainly wasn't as busy as Fulham in the Cup last year when they have to give an accurate figure as the receipts are shared and that was 35k.

I’ve said this before but years ago when most people paid cash for their ticket it was beneficial for clubs to play down the attendance as they could make some cash “disapear”. Now in days of season tickets paid for with credit cards with obvious electronic tracking of payments then there is no hiding any cash so clubs may as well declare everything.

Is it a legal requirement to announce the attendance?
If so it's incorrect, as the attendance is surely those that actually attend.
If not, why do we do it.

If not, why do we do it.

Clubs declare tickets issued these days. For example you could have 10k paying spectators then dish out a further 5k free of charge to the local community of whatever and them the attendance is given as 15k.

If not, why do we do it.
You'd think with the system being digital they'll know what the actual attendance is for safety reasons etc and the announcement is just a PR thing.

Because it’s not the attendance they announce it’s tickets sold.
The stadium announcer always states, today's attendance is' . . .

Perhaps he could rephrase it as, 'total tickets sold for today, is' . . .

I really dunno, and I don't really care, and nor do I ever applaud the attendance announcement - I'm just playing devil's advocate. ☺️

It is dishonest. The club are knowingly publishing mistruths. I personally think that’s important

Apparently The club are just doing what HMRC tell them to do.

A few years back I recall am arsenal game which had a fairly big block of empty seats, but the crowd announced was a full house

According to this, West ham were inflating theirs by 12,000

Back