Ashley Fletcher

I’d rather we have the two decent strikers we had rather than 4 or 5 strikers that aren’t good enough for the championship
Agreed, but you'd think any club in the top two divisions would have a minimum of 4 first-team strikers on the books at any time. I don't think we have since Martin O'Neill brought Danny Graham in and got rid of Fraizer Campbell, Louis Saha and Connor Wickham.

Mind, I'm amazed Ashley Fletcher gets a contract anywhere. Some on here thought he did OK for us, I thought he was pathetic.

So Broadhead turned us down because he did not want to compete against two strikers, to go to Wigan and compete against 6. Who has advised him? :lol:
I said this the other day. I’m calling bullshit on the reason. The facts are that Broadhead’s games played were limited by his own body/ injuries. Not by Sunderland. We have 2 strikers they have more. It’s patently obvious that he’s signed an Everton contract and either Wigan paid Everton more towards the loan or what I think is the case he picked a club geographically down the road. That’s his choice but he should have the balls to say it.

Agreed, but you'd think any club in the top two divisions would have a minimum of 4 first-team strikers on the books at any time. I don't think we have since Martin O'Neill brought Danny Graham in and got rid of Fraizer Campbell, Louis Saha and Connor Wickham.

Mind, I'm amazed Ashley Fletcher gets a contract anywhere. Some on here thought he did OK for us, I thought he was pathetic.
On a similar point, I saw on the BBC gossip page that WHU are apparently looking at signing Memphis Depay. Interesting, I thought, as it might free up some strikers for potential loans. They have two strikers that they use - and one of them they signed this summer. Goalscorers - decent ones anyway - are tough to get and tough to hold on to.
I liked the lad at our place, thought he would make a decent champ level player. Not happened yet for him but there is still time.
Did pretty well at Boro after his loan here, from memory.

Back