Ashley Fletcher

f***ing hell man, surely Broadhead thinks he's starting ahead of that lot otherwise he can't be as good as we've made out and be happy we didn't get after all.

Still can't get my head around the reasoning. We played two strikers one way or another when Broadhead was fit most of the time last season.

We even played it briefly with Defoe. Yes we'll play one occasionally as well but the lad had a great affinity with the club seemingly, is a different prospect to Stewart and Simms and surely we can't flog Stewart that much again nor get that lucky with injuries. Broadhead would also fit into wide forward roles occasionally.

I wonder if Everton and Simms being here played a part.

Last edited:
Still can't get my head around the reasoning. We played two strikers one way or another when Broadhead was fit most of the time last season.

We even played it briefly with Defoe. Yes we'll play one occasionally as well but the lad had a great affinity with the club seemingly, is a different prospect to Stewart and Simms and surely we can't flog Stewart that much again. Broadhead would also fit into wide forward roles occasionally.

I wonder if Everton and Simms being here played a part.
Perhaps they don't get on. Maybe he didn't like it up here. It is a strange one though.

Perhaps they don't get on. Maybe he didn't like it up here. It is a strange one though.

God knows. Initially I wondered if it was Everton not wanting them in competition for games against each other or if we couldn't agree on a fee. But then I'm wondering also if he thinks he still has a chance at Everton and didnt want to leave yet given their situation and that there was apparently a new contract on the table.

Maybe he's been given some assurances at Wigan - just thought after last season he'd be busting a gut to get back.

Does make the Broadhead decision even more strange. AN implied he was put off by the competition with Simms….but he’s gone somewhere with more strikers to battle it out with.

Shame like but hopefully we will get another one or two in who can compete:

Does make the Broadhead decision even more strange. AN implied he was put off by the competition with Simms….but he’s gone somewhere with more strikers to battle it out with.

Shame like but hopefully we will get another one or two in who can compete:
Broadhead is better comfortably than wyke Fletcher etc

So they would have Wyke, Keane, Lang, Broadhead, Magennis, Humphrys & Fletcher as forwards.

Don't see where Broadhead is going to fit in for them.
It's the new forward line for Wigan Warriors

Had a stormer today for Sheff Wed.

Came on in the 79th minute, 7 touches, booked in the 89th minute, sent off in the 90th.

I’d still have him over Burstow mind!

Back