Ashes Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ballancr could do a job at 5 however Root needs to tale the responsibility to bat at 3 imo.

Fair enough opinion

However I disagree with the view that 3 is taking responsibility

He's better at 4 than 3 so for me it's irresponsible

3 is no more important than 4

Fair enough opinion

Yeah can see both sides of the debate, just think it's a tad unfair putting unproven, untested players in at number 3 against a new ball in such a intensive series. I remember when Poniting first started for the Aussies batting at six, getting his confidence up then moving up the order.

That's what I mean by more senior proven players taking that responsibility, to allow the new players to develop rather than throwing them in at the deep end, that's why I think Root and Bairstow should bat higher.

However on the other side of the coin there is certainly a argument to keep them both where they currently are given both the respective records.

The Australians are so confident, always a dangerous game

Christ! That Geoff Lemon who writes that is such an arrogant guy mind

Oh man, I would love to beat them

Neck on the line, I think we will do alright

It’s a bang average Aussie side who SA beat in Australia.

Need more posts like this.

Best we can hope for is a 3/4 Nil defeat IMHO

I don't get why this? They are strong favourites, as they should be, but we beat South Africa home and away, they couldn't even do that.

They put up a better effort than us in India, but were similar in Bangladesh.

They have a decent attack but they Hazelwood and Starc were disappointing 2 years ago, some great balls but they were expensive.

Test order out of James Vince, Dawid Malan, Mark Stoneman and Gary Ballance is like trying to make dinner out of the tins at the back of the pantry.

A good line, especially because it rings true.

Aye and they got rid of them all.

Not really, just a few, Wade is a downgrade on Nevil

Couple of the batters might be better, but Renshaw looks like a weak link to me, as I say Wade, and they still don't have a number 6 really.

They are clearly favourites, but they still rely on the same players, I think Handscomb looks a decent player though.

As I said earlier, their pace attack is quick, but we will be able to score quickly against them, we really need Ballance and Cook to bat time so others can do that. I'd play Malan at 3.

Not really, just a few, Wade is a downgrade on Nevil

Couple of the batters might be better, but Renshaw looks like a weak link to me, as I say Wade, and they still don't have a number 6 really.

They are clearly favourites, but they still rely on the same players, I think Handscomb looks a decent player though.

As I said earlier, their pace attack is quick, but we will be able to score quickly against them, we really need Ballance and Cook to bat time so others can do that. I'd play Malan at 3.
Good luck with that.

Fair enough opinion

I take your point with this but I don't think it should make any difference to Root and may allow us to play a weaker batsman in a position in the order that gives them a better chance of scoring runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back