"Armed British Transport police are patrolling this train'

You live there so you haven't got much choice..sending your kids to somewhere where terrorism has occurred..you have a choice and I can understand some parents not wanting their kids going..it's a shame because London is fantastic IMO.

Welcome to your opinion of course, I just don't get it.

It's just the world we live in these days, but imo you shouldn't let these idiots stop you or your family visiting one of the best cities in the world - especially your own capital.

It's like never visiting New York or boarding an airliner again because 9-11 happened.

Last edited:

Welcome to your opinion of course, I just don't get it.

It's just the world we live in these days, but imo you shouldn't let these idiots stop you or your family visiting one of the best cities in the world - especially your own capital.

It's like never visiting New York or boarding an airliner again because 9-11 happened.

I totally agree with you..my Niece has been back to London since and i'll be back down next year but we're all different so some folk being ultra cautious is understandable.

Ultra daft.

Presumably these people never drive cars, cross roads or ever go out anywhere in public.

No they just don't want their kids going somewhere that terrorism has occurred and is currently on high alert to happen again..it's a choice..i think they're overreacting but everyone's different.

Of course it's a choice, a stupid disproportionate choice.

Agreed but a choice nevertheless..I was in Leicester Square when the Borough Market attack happened and although it's a fair distance away it made me think just what if we had been caught up in it..was it irresponsible of me to be back in London so soon after the Westminster Bridge attack..just daft things that go through your head at the time..I suppose the parents who aren't allowing their kids to go must be having similar thoughts..shame because they're missing out.

Don't know. The bairn is going on a London school trip next year but several have pulled their child out in case of possible terror attacks.

The ones not going have freaked my bairn out a bit as I was in London for a meeting when the Westminster one happened so she was really worried about me. I told her it's a billion to one chance of anything happening to her but she's still unsure.

There's often some in Newcastle and the Metrocentre too.
I lived in London from 1970 until this year which was throughout the IRA campaign and the closest I got to being involved in terrorist violence was me and my wife being bounced out of bed in the. early hours when a bomb went off in Kilburn High Road .

We did live next door to a German terrorist (without knowing) in the late 70's but she was on the run and we found out when she was nicked.

To be honest your daughter's school mates are in greater danger travelling in a coach down the motorway on their way to London.

Last edited:
Not seen any armed police in any station from Loughton to st pauls over the last couple months. Straight after the last attack I seen them sround st Paul's cathedral but rarely if ever in the stations/trains.

Agreed, but Britain is on a high terror alert and London does seem to be the main target, i was down with my Niece when the Borough Market attack happened and it's very unnerving, i'll go back down, i love London but I can understand anyone not wanting to put their kids where there's even the remotest chance of something happening,i know people who've stopped going to Turkey, Egypt..I know this is what the terrorists want but you'll do anything to protect your kids.
There's like an infintley greater chance of them drowning in a bath, getting hit by a car, choking on some food etc, any number of daily repeated tasks. Hardly anyone dies in a terrorist attack. Like not even o.oooooooooo1% of the population. A comparatively massive amount of people die doing routine things. Those are the biggest killers. But people don't encourage people to not ride in cars, even though there is a comparatively massive probability something will happen compared to a terrorist attack.

Not seen any armed police in any station from Loughton to st pauls over the last couple months. Straight after the last attack I seen them sround st Paul's cathedral but rarely if ever in the stations/trains.
They often knock about the main interchanges mind. Waterloo etc

Well, Sadiq Khan has told us that terrorist attacks are all part of big city life so I guess everything is ticking along quite nicely.

Isn’t it just.
Can’t blame anyone who wants no part of it, whatever the risk, when there are other options.

The day after the Borough Market attack I was on Oxford Street..Regent Street down to Piccadilly..Leicester Square..used the tube..never saw one armed policeman..you wouldn't think anything had happened..maybe it's a thing where it increases peoples fears to see officers with guns??

The day after the Borough Market attack I was on Oxford Street..Regent Street down to Piccadilly..Leicester Square..used the tube..never saw one armed policeman..you wouldn't think anything had happened..maybe it's a thing where it increases peoples fears to see officers with guns??
They often knock about the main interchanges mind. Waterloo etc
canary wharf station and green park station every day, without fail. also they amble around trafalgar square on a morning.

Well, Sadiq Khan has told us that terrorist attacks are all part of big city life so I guess everything is ticking along quite nicely.
it is. large concentrated numbers are a bigger target than 100 people in a village up the dale. pretty obvious tbf.

Back