"Armed British Transport police are patrolling this train'

Don't know. The bairn is going on a London school trip next year but several have pulled their child out in case of possible terror attacks.

The ones not going have freaked my bairn out a bit as I was in London for a meeting when the Westminster one happened so she was really worried about me. I told her it's a billion to one chance of anything happening to her but she's still unsure.

There are two armed polis regularly in The Bridges for the past couple of weeks.

There's often some in Newcastle and the Metrocentre too.

Don't know. The bairn is going on a London school trip next year but several have pulled their child out in case of possible terror attacks.

The ones not going have freaked my bairn out a bit as I was in London for a meeting when the Westminster one happened so she was really worried about me. I told her it's a billion to one chance of anything happening to her but she's still unsure.

ahahahahaahahhahaa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its London, not Mogadishu :rolleyes:

"There is nothing to be alarmed about."

Good news or has there been a specific threat they are responding to?

Either way it's a sign of the times we live in I guess.

Happens regularly these days. Same standard announcement. When they walk down the carriage with guns, heads are swivelling all over the shop.

Its London, not Mogadishu :rolleyes:

Agreed, but Britain is on a high terror alert and London does seem to be the main target, i was down with my Niece when the Borough Market attack happened and it's very unnerving, i'll go back down, i love London but I can understand anyone not wanting to put their kids where there's even the remotest chance of something happening,i know people who've stopped going to Turkey, Egypt..I know this is what the terrorists want but you'll do anything to protect your kids.

Agreed, but Britain is on a high terror alert and London does seem to be the main target, i was down with my Niece when the Borough Market attack happened and it's very unnerving, i'll go back down, i love London but I can understand anyone not wanting to put their kids where there's even the remotest chance of something happening,i know people who've stopped going to Turkey, Egypt..I know this is what the terrorists want but you'll do anything to protect your kids.

I live in London, use the tube every day and don't give it a second thought. More chance of tripping over and breaking your neck than being caught up in anything like that.

Anyone who goes to Egypt current is an idiot imo. Totally different scenario.

I live in London, use the tube every day and don't give it a second thought. More chance of tripping over and breaking your neck than being caught up in anything like that.
Anyone who goes to Egypt current is an idiot imo. Totally different scenario.

You live there so you haven't got much choice..sending your kids to somewhere where terrorism has occurred..you have a choice and I can understand some parents not wanting their kids going..it's a shame because London is fantastic IMO.

Back