Are You ? Or would you work on xmas day ? And for how much would you want praying??

Old mate of mine and his GF used to do it. They worked at the same place, didn't have kids, were paid silly money to do it and would do something like 5am - 12pm then straight home to start Christmas.

Fair play to 'em

Lass at work used to do it every year for triple time.

Leave at 2 and she’d be back in time for dinner.

I couldn’t do it even for quadruple. Christmas Day is an all day affair for me…

Worked Xmas eve, boxing day, new years day loads of times due to rota. Given the option I'd take the time off over money every time.
Mates wife is in Xmas day night shift,boxing day night shift and new years eve night shift.
Hats off to anyone who has to do them shifts

Worked most Xmas's for many a year and take NY off.
Not a fan of Xmas (on my own now) find it boring tbh. Not many go out. TV crap. No sport.
Week off for NY in Malaga..

My mate working Xmas day . 6am - 2pm . Treble time and days holiday next year as payment. Reckons its cracking day as well. Tbh . Depends if u have bairns excited for santa if u would work or not. Depends how much u personally value Xmas day with family but mainly your circumstances. Anyone on here working Xmas day fair play to you 👏 ...
Not praying paying Hahaha
Amen to that

As a young lad I worked behind the bar in The Barnes Christmas Eve Christmas Day Boxing Day New Years Eve New Years Day three years on the bounce. IIRC got double time for the official holidays but detested it. Everyone on the other side of the bar having a riot while I’m stuck working. Swore I would never do it again and aside from a few Christmas Eve mornings I’ve managed it ever since.

One year IIRC there was some kerfuffle as people came in on New Years Day which was on a Sunday so the ‘official’ holiday was the Monday. Those who came in on New Years Day got normal pay, those who came in on the Monday got double. Hell on.

When our lass was a nurse there were times when she had a 7 am to 7 pm shift on Christmas Day so we just had Christmas the next day. This was before the bairn came along, glad we wouldn’t have to do that now.

I’d do it no bother at all, so long as they prepared to pay for a taxi to get me in.

I have covered oncall numerous times over the years on Christmas Day and NYD, the easiest days to cover for Metro!

My mate working Xmas day . 6am - 2pm . Treble time and days holiday next year as payment. Reckons its cracking day as well. Tbh . Depends if u have bairns excited for santa if u would work or not. Depends how much u personally value Xmas day with family but mainly your circumstances. Anyone on here working Xmas day fair play to you 👏 ...
Not praying paying Hahaha
Treble time and a day off is canny tempting.

If you can slide everything later in the day by arrangement with family I'd imagine it would be taken by most.

Mrs is in this Christmas day and boxing day (nurse)

Even though she's in, kids are grown up, and I find Christmas day pretty shìt these days, wild horses couldn't drag me in.

Worked in a shop few year ago, 1st customer complained we were open and bought a bottle of dosmestos 🤷🏻
Enjoyed it as the kids were running riot, got back at half one so nowts the bother

This will be the first Xmas Day I've had off in 9 years. Normally work a 12 hour shift. No double/triple time or anything like that - it's just paid as a normal Bank Holiday. The joys of being frontline NHS!

Working Boxing Day day shift and NYE night shift instead this year.

That’s got to be even worse. So if on standby only what do you get?
3hrs double time if I'm stood down without being called in. Doesn't apply on this occasion as I've had the notification, sitting in graft now in anticipation of high winds today.

I work in electrical infrastructure so we have to commit to being available when shit hits the fan. they pay us up front single rate for 16 hrs per year, then they can call us in any time with 12hrs notice at double time.

Not expecting it to kick off, but folk get awfully twitchy about power once the turkey goes in the oven.

Back