Are we over or under achieving this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's only really relevant if we looked a disorganised shambles from the off. Credit to Ross then but we didn't, we were strong, organized but just struggled to put teams away at times. From that base point I would expect him to improve players, improve the system and generally improve the team overall. We are worse now than we were then both in terms of tactics, systems and player performance.

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone that the pressure we're under as club which SHOULD be out of this mire, might be affecting the players.

People keep saying about only 3 losses which doesn’t exactly tell the full story.
3 loses is remarkable. However, not when you put 18 draws into the same sentence. Shows we’ve dropped points throughout the season.

Despite the 3 loses we are very much in a battle for 2nd place and looking at the bookies odds (Sky Bet) were 3rd favourite for that position (5/2) odds for 2nd place behind Barnsley (Fav) and Pompey (2nd Favs).
Under. Big time. Playing Catt/Wyke/Leadbitter/Power etc... sums up everything.

Sould have won 90% in Mickey Mouse league.

f***ing this. The amount of negative people on here, twitter and in general absolutely do my tits in.
I had to unfollow some lass because she was just permanently on the negative about our chances of being promoted.

You're either behind the team, or you're not.
A grown man complaining about unfollowing someone :oops:

A grown man complaining about unfollowing someone :oops:

I'm not complaining about unfollowing her. I was disappointed that someone was being so bloody negative when it's still all to play for.
I'd have thought that was obvious from my post.
Apparently not.

How can improvements be made for a club that commands over 30000 supporters in the 3rd division?This is a question for the board and management to act upon in the close season now that the 1st season is near completion and if they weren't aware how to tap into the huge potential of this club then they should be by now. Support wise it is in the top ten in England.,position wise it's 47th. Stuart Donald,Jack Ross realize this and will at least get us halfway where we want to be. I would hope it's a stronger squad next season and convert potential into reality.

I think the owners have made a rod for their own back by mentioning the budget as much as they have. When we went down in 2003 Mick McCarthy was lauded for doing a great job on a limited budget by finishing 3rd but we had by far the biggest wage bill in the Championship - almost double anyone else iirc.

When SD refers to the budget he actually talks about our operating costs which we know are sky high from the previous regime, but from day one he said the policy was to offer League One wages of no more than £5kpw and rely on the size of the club/stadium to attract players. Until we signed Grigg all of our summer signings were cheap/freebies from other League One clubs. It's not as if we've gone and blown the rest of the league out of the water financially, we've competed for the same pool of players as the rest of the division and have been turned down by the likes of Lyle Taylor.

Think people are entitled to ask questions of Ross but talk of sacking him after 3 defeats all season is ludicrous. I'm not really sure whether we're over or under achieving because I had no idea what to expect, but we can't be far off either way.

All teams in this league have players in their team from the likes of Wycombe, Burton, Peterborough, Bradford. In fact the likes of Wycombe, Burton, Peterborough, Bradford are full of them and so far we havent got a single win against 3 of those 4 ;)

Nice soundbite but the point escapes me. ;)

I think our recruitment has been poor so I don’t think we have best squad in league so probs not

If we don’t go up this year I don’t subscribe to the idea we will get better for it, the longer we are in the league the more we will become a bog standard league one team

I think our recruitment has been poor so I don’t think we have best squad in league so probs not

If we don’t go up this year I don’t subscribe to the idea we will get better for it, the longer we are in the league the more we will become a bog standard league one team
If we don’t go up this year it will be an absolute disaster.

How can improvements be made for a club that commands over 30000 supporters in the 3rd division?This is a question for the board and management to act upon in the close season now that the 1st season is near completion and if they weren't aware how to tap into the huge potential of this club then they should be by now. Support wise it is in the top ten in England.,position wise it's 47th. Stuart Donald,Jack Ross realize this and will at least get us halfway where we want to be. I would hope it's a stronger squad next season and convert potential into reality.
but the potential is worth fuck all unless the fans buy in, which they dont. the potential is the value of the fanbase to a commercial sponsor-yet the fans whine when stadium naming rightsare mentioned-or of tovcket prices go up to a level compeititve with other clubs..
unless those attitudes change-safc has fuck all potential.
More boradly-I think safc are neither over nor achieving asd of today-but are about where I thought we would be now...the directionof travel is a concern like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back