Are the pubs finished?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
For me they definitely are. I can see very few returning after this. They were already struggling anyway but you’re likely looking second half of the year to even open at half capacity. I know a fair few people in hospitality and folk are calling last orders left right and centre.

Last edited:

For me they definitely are. I can see very few returning after this. They were already struggling anyway but you’re likely looking second half of the year to even open at half capacity. I know a fair few people in hospitality and folk are calling last orders left right and centre.
He's alive............ :cool: hope you've fully recovered from Covid fella, nice to see you back xx

And maybe once this is over they will do a roaring trade, but at the moment they'll be a dying trade due to the pandemic.
I haven’t. Still in bits sadly.
Jesus what's up ? xx

And maybe once this is over they will do a roaring trade, but at the moment they'll be a dying trade due to the pandemic.
There’s no suggestion that it will be which is the major point. I’ve been ill for a month and in six months could be the same again. Even with an injection I could still pass it on if I’m not symptomatic. For me there’s no going back to the way we were but just a new normal.
There are going to be less pubs but no chance they are finished.

Might even see a resurgence if we get back to some normality and people appreciate communal spaces a bit more.
That’s sort of my point I doubt it’ll be like before where we were all packed in bars stood about etc.

Jesus what's up ? xx
Still lack of energy, breathing problems, can constantly smell smoke and loads of food tastes out of date.

Last edited:
There are going to be less pubs but no chance they are finished.

Might even see a resurgence if we get back to some normality and people appreciate communal spaces a bit more.
Hopefully this, there may be people who wouldn’t normally bother going out but after over a year of enforced restrictions might make the effort to get out the house a bit more. Not just the pubs, hopefully see a resurgence in other sectors of leisure industry..

There’s no suggestion that it will be which is the major point. I’ve been ill for a month and in six months could be the same again. Even with an injection I could still pass it on if I’m not symptomatic. For me there’s no going back to the way we were but just a new normal.
I understand, but we need to just keep a bit of hope in our hearts because that's all we've really got left. I hope you feel better soon, being ill for a month will be truly shit xx

That’s sort of my point I doubt it’ll be like before where we were all packed in bars stood about etc.

Still lack of energy, breathing problems, can constantly smell smoke and loads of food tastes out of date.
Argh man that sucks, take daily vitamins and get plenty of kip / stay well hydrated xx

Last edited:
Obviously not going to be finished but will be decimated. I guess the main pubcos will already be making plans to get rid of the bottom quartile of performers or something. And god knows how many independent ones will come out the other side.

Was thinking the other day about places like The Barnes and The Grange in Sunderland Big buildings that used to be hotels but now just bog standard carvery type of affairs. Loads of open space and rooms that aren’t in use. Mustn’t be cheap to run those types of places, so are they viable in their current form going forward?

I understand, but we need to just keep a bit of hope in our hearts because that's all we've really got left. I hope you feel better soon, being ill for a month will be truly shit xx

Argh man that sucks, take daily vitamins and get plenty of kip / stay well hydrated xx
Just being realistic. I love pubs but not many will bother once the mass vaccine roll out ends.
Obviously not going to be finished but will be decimated. I guess the main pubcos will already be making plans to get rid of the bottom quartile of performers or something. And god knows how many independent ones will come out the other side.

Was thinking the other day about places like The Barnes and The Grange in Sunderland Big buildings that used to be hotels but now just bog standard carvery type of affairs. Loads of open space and rooms that aren’t in use. Mustn’t be cheap to run those types of places, so are they viable in their current form going forward?
Do the likes of Toby own these buildings? Don’t really class them as pubs like

Last edited:
Just being realistic. I love pubs but not many will bother once the mass vaccine roll out ends.

Do the likes of Toby own these buildings? Don’t really class them as pubs like

No idea. They might own some but I would guess that most will be leased. If so, length remaining, break clauses etc might dictate which ones survive or not.

They are going to do the best business they've ever done when they reopen. They just need to survive until then. Stop doom mongering.
They aren’t though. They won’t be anywhere near full capacity. It’s not doom mongering it is being realistic.
No idea. They might own some but I would guess that most will be leased. If so, length remaining, break clauses etc might dictate which ones survive or not.
Do they purpose build them? Want to say the one on Kingston park is. Could be wrong like
Yes for at least the next 2-3 years,totally pointless the govt throwing any more money at them.They should tax the supermarket booze more to help pay for CV.
It’s already taxed to fuck. Bottle of wine contents amount to 37p product then rest on tax and packaging. It wouldn’t happen anyway like.

Last edited:
It’s already taxed to fuck. Bottle of wine contents amount to 37p product then rest on tax and packaging. It wouldn’t happen anyway like.
I'd be very surprised there arent tax rises on plonk in the next budget.Perfect opportunity with the pubs shut,folks will still think £3-6 a bottle is bargain compare to to £3-4 a glass in the pub.

They aren’t though. They won’t be anywhere near full capacity. It’s not doom mongering it is being realistic.

Do they purpose build them? Want to say the one on Kingston park is. Could be wrong like

Why won't they be full? They were packed when they were allowed to be open last year, you had to book a week in advance around here to get a table.

Back