Are most corporate areas of the ground now closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. We also face a major battle because the mags are nearby. The company I work for has offered to take clients to Sunderland or Newcastle hospitality and, even when they were in the league below, there was often more interest in the mags (for people from outside the region). If we were playing one of the big clubs they'd choose Sunderland but generally it was location that swung it for the mags; people can easily get to Newcastle and from there it's a piece of piss to get to the ground, watch the match and straight on the lash in Newcastle. That's more appealing than having to get to the SoL and then either having to go out in Sunderland or fuck around getting through to Newcastle. Now we're in a lower division it'll be an even harder sell for the club
Depressing but can understand the logic of those from outside region

our corporate facilities are very good - I've been in a box and the Monty suite as a guest and as a host and they are hard to fault and usually you get pestered by the sales team but I've had no contact with the club over the close season which is a strange and worrying development, at least when GTH was in charge there seemed an understanding of marketing (however hopeless it may have actually been)

yeah, dragging myself over. Found it hard going last season, mostly because the usual crowd weren't always able to make it all the time. Are you there today?
Naaaah. Sitting watching Swansea v Utd at home cos I can't get shields v bird on the red button thingy

All areas of corporate section were available on Thursday.
Agree we don't do it very well though and the whole corporate part of the stadium needs a right good touch up and lick of paint but the same can be said of all the stadium.

Sadly the stadium has turned into a shit hole.

I noticed that , also someone said on here only 20 boxes had been sold for the season out of 54 , compared to 52 last season
I believe it....The last box we had was £34,000 per season 2009.. The Club at that time were able to buy available players. This last summer, once the club had announced redundancy's, stopped the free corporate tickets (they were never ever free as they were funded by other streams) and more or less disassociated themselves from the foundation of light, reduced the number of stewards and announced a very limited budget....just why would anyone wish to pay out for a corporate box or Match Day Hospitality (a bit ironic that).. I can see these seat still being under utilised until there is some Belief that the club will launch a sustained promotion push.. I just don't see that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back