Are most corporate areas of the ground now closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we've hired a box for family occasions twice and both times have been top notch, service, food and drinks have been excellent.
the brother in law's a mag and sits in the corporate bit up there. he has always said we put theirs to shame.
it was nice to see how the other half live and as a special occasion but couldn't do it all the time, it was nice to get back to my seat for the next game amongst the rabble :)
How much Is a box marra?

Was that £22 to upgrade from your own seat to the BCB for the Bournemouth game asa one-off? Ive not heard or read of that option before now. Sounds canny for a change.

On a separate note I read on here the Uni were doing free tickets again, yet @Speedy1976 's post advises former players aren't getting free tickets. All seems a bit hit and miss currently.

Some still are but some aren't. I was speaking to one yesterday who said his had been stopped, but he knew of others still getting them.
Weird.
Needless to say he won't be making any appearances for the FPA until it's resolved.

we've hired a box for family occasions twice and both times have been top notch, service, food and drinks have been excellent.
the brother in law's a mag and sits in the corporate bit up there. he has always said we put theirs to shame.
it was nice to see how the other half live and as a special occasion but couldn't do it all the time, it was nice to get back to my seat for the next game amongst the rabble :)

Agreed. Been in a box once and it was a great experience but I couldn't do it regularly.
I'm old school.

Was that £22 to upgrade from your own seat to the BCB for the Bournemouth game asa one-off? Ive not heard or read of that option before now. Sounds canny for a change.

On a separate note I read on here the Uni were doing free tickets again, yet @Speedy1976 's post advises former players aren't getting free tickets. All seems a bit hit and miss currently.

Aye, a one off as part of my stag do. 5 of us upgraded and another couple of ex season ticket holders coughed up 50 quid.

How much Is a box marra?
it worked out at about 2 grand. they have different size boxes and it's a price per head.
the first time was for my mam's 70th and father in law's 80th. the second time i bought one was as a present for the missus after my mam died, a sort of thank you to her from my mam for all she'd done.
Agreed. Been in a box once and it was a great experience but I couldn't do it regularly.
I'm old school.
same here.

I looked at doing this for Derby game but was quoted £120 per person plus VAT. Far to expensive in my opinion for essentially a meal and a match ticket as there were 12 of us. Had this being about £80 per head I'd have done it.

First I've heard of it marra. Presumably done via the ticket office then?
I live away so I phone the hospitality number, not the ticket office and they sort it out, never been a hassle, considered it for today actually, the black cats bar is a nice change in my opinion, some cup games against lower opposition are fantastic value to try these things out.

Corporate fans = Premier League fans so this was always going to drop off after relegation. It's a shame because in my opinion we have some of the best corporate hospitality in the country even though it's maybe not quite as good as What it was 3/4 seasons ago.

Corporate is our biggest weakness compared to virtually any other club I. The country and its because the area isn't wealthy enough.

We don't seem to do this side of things very well in comparison to others.
We don't have the inbuilt location advantages of big city clubs....especially London ones. There's simply not enough companies with cash to burn in the Wearside area. The multinational companies have corporate facilities at the big London clubs and Utd whereas they wouldn't think twice about SAFC which leaves us appealing to local owned firms for a bigger % of our corporate turnover than the big boys with lower prices the result.

f***ing wounded I wont be getting any for old trafford this season!:evil:

Some still are but some aren't. I was speaking to one yesterday who said his had been stopped, but he knew of others still getting them.
Weird.
Needless to say he won't be making any appearances for the FPA until it's resolved.

That last bit is petty speedy, depending what era hes from, even if hes took say 3 grand a week off the club for years why the feck should they get freebies for life?

Its a bit like man utd, have 'legends' holding doors open for folk etc on a matchday, this fecking gravy train keeps going into their 60s/70s.

Success, it all comes down to success, you couldn't get a box or corporate ticket for love n money in the Peter Reid, Roy Keane successful seasons...

Yeh,think ill ring a customer Monday n see if they wanna travel hours to see a battling performance in a half full ground v Burton Albion.

Last edited:
Like all areas prices now need a rethink due to size imo, especially screened/midweek games, this wont happen though n the ground will be a morgue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back