Are most corporate areas of the ground now closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like all areas prices now need a rethink due to size imo, especially screened/midweek games, this wont happen though n the ground will be a morgue.
This won't happen due to the mismanagement by the owner over the last few years, he's created it...

We don't have the inbuilt location advantages of big city clubs....especially London ones. There's simply not enough companies with cash to burn in the Wearside area. The multinational companies have corporate facilities at the big London clubs and Utd whereas they wouldn't think twice about SAFC which leaves us appealing to local owned firms for a bigger % of our corporate turnover than the big boys with lower prices the result.

Spot on. We also face a major battle because the mags are nearby. The company I work for has offered to take clients to Sunderland or Newcastle hospitality and, even when they were in the league below, there was often more interest in the mags (for people from outside the region). If we were playing one of the big clubs they'd choose Sunderland but generally it was location that swung it for the mags; people can easily get to Newcastle and from there it's a piece of piss to get to the ground, watch the match and straight on the lash in Newcastle. That's more appealing than having to get to the SoL and then either having to go out in Sunderland or fuck around getting through to Newcastle. Now we're in a lower division it'll be an even harder sell for the club

Last edited:
Spot on. We also face a major battle because the mags are nearby. The company I work for has offered to take clients to Sunderland or Newcastle hospitality and, even when they were in the league below, there was often more interest in the mags (for people from outside the region). If we were playing of of the big clubs they'd choose Sunderland but generally it was location that swung it for the mags; people can easily get to Newcastle and from there it's a piece of piss to get to the ground, watch the match and straight on the lash in Newcastle. That's more appealing than having to get to the SoL and then either having to go out in Sunderland or fuck around getting through to Newcastle. Now we're in a lower division it'll be an even harder sell for the club

It's a pity people are so thick. A couple of hundred yards walk and a 20 ride on the metro is hardly a trek through the Kyber pass.

Success, it all comes down to success, you couldn't get a box or corporate ticket for love n money in the Peter Reid, Roy Keane successful seasons...

Whilst I largely agree with what your saying the economic climate plays a part. I can't remember the exact time it happened, 2010 I think but that year saw PWC give up their box at both Sunderland and Newcastle (all premier league clubs I believe) used to get 2 or 3 invited a year to the Sunderland box, not sure if they've revisited this since or if they just do the suites now.

Not closed but seriously under populated.

I also agree the entire place needs freshening up. Won't be happening soon with sub 30k attendances for one of the bigger games of the season.
That was apparent at the Derby game... all those empty padded seats.

It's a pity people are so thick. A couple of hundred yards walk and a 20 ride on the metro is hardly a trek through the Kyber pass.
From outside the region it's extra unwanted hassle. They'd have to get to Newcastle first unless travelling on GC. I know someone who was involved with a table in the room the fpa and that organ drum duo were and they always had a lot of invites turned down because of the extra 45-60 mins would mean missing transport links elsewhere. Meant I'd get a few last minute calls to fill the spare chair mind.

A mate also had responsibility for a table at Spurs for a while. Wangled my way in there pretending to be Dutch for a game once. Every table around us was a big big firm. VISA, Barclays, TNT, Sony, Dulux etc etc.

From outside the region it's extra unwanted hassle. They'd have to get to Newcastle first unless travelling on GC. I know someone who was involved with a table in the room the fpa and that organ drum duo were and they always had a lot of invites turned down because of the extra 45-60 mins would mean missing transport links elsewhere. Meant I'd get a few last minute calls to fill the spare chair mind.

A mate also had responsibility for a table at Spurs for a while. Wangled my way in there pretending to be Dutch for a game once. Every table around us was a big big firm. VISA, Barclays, TNT, Sony, Dulux etc etc.

Sunderland is also a decent place to stay / night on the piss. To be honest bar the cash they bring these people are largely wankers anyway.

After a low key corperate at Sunderland dogs I offered the supplier a night cap in the Red Lion at Boldon as the 2 of them were staying at the Friendly Hotel. The goon mag in our party insisted we go to the kids pub next to the cinema. There wasn't a soul in and they were closing. Great Red Lion it is, nope Travelling Man for the sake of 200 yards. Nee fucker in, shit hole. I bought the round while tight mag kept his hands in his pocket. The bloke would attend the opening of an envelope for a freebie, the tool.

Whilst I largely agree with what your saying the economic climate plays a part. I can't remember the exact time it happened, 2010 I think but that year saw PWC give up their box at both Sunderland and Newcastle (all premier league clubs I believe) used to get 2 or 3 invited a year to the Sunderland box, not sure if they've revisited this since or if they just do the suites now.
I totally agree money (or the lack of it) plays a part, however take the RK years we were seeing more and more people coming from Ireland and other parts of the country wanting to spend their money here...

Not closed but seriously under populated.

I also agree the entire place needs freshening up. Won't be happening soon with sub 30k attendances for one of the bigger games of the season.
I always wonder why the stadium has never had much of a maintenance/ refurb budget.

I mean I know why really but it's Short sighted.

The place looks its age and more.

f***ing wounded I wont be getting any for old trafford this season!:evil:

That last bit is petty speedy, depending what era hes from, even if hes took say 3 grand a week off the club for years why the feck should they get freebies for life?

Its a bit like man utd, have 'legends' holding doors open for folk etc on a matchday, this fecking gravy train keeps going into their 60s/70s.

Yeh,think ill ring a customer Monday n see if they wanna travel hours to see a battling performance in a half full ground v Burton Albion.

He never ever made big money mate. Not even close. He does loads for the FPA at his own expense.
If it was an across the board thing fair enough, but some still get them ( very well off Ex players) and some don't.

Its equivalent of being offered a match next to kings cross or Fulham Keith, if you had no links to either club youd pick the former.

The fittings and furniture seemed to be the originals when i was last in a box. It looked very dated. Really the whole place needs a lick of paint and some upgrading the ground looks like it is in a right state the lack of pride the club have in it is a disgrace.

Aye, a one off as part of my stag do. 5 of us upgraded and another couple of ex season ticket holders coughed up 50 quid.
Aye ive done it a few times, love it in the south stand too like, its nice to just walk back in and have a couple of pints while the traffic does down though, canny crowd too, know quite a few in there now.

We might not market it very well but...

We do corperate very well. A fair few mags have commented that our corperate is better than theirs. I was in the lounge and padded seat for the Soton game last season, it was excellent bar the actual match.

I was in the Black Cats bar for Bournemouth, again very good apart from the game and we upgraded our season tickets for only 22 quid, great option. Tip, they don't sell beer after the 2nd half kicks off, school boy error, should have got 2 beers at 3.59.

I agree, I'm not sure who those saying it's shite are comparing it to.
Last season I got 4 hospitality tickets for the Hull away game and at the last moment my customers let me down so took the wife & son. The tickets cost well over £600 and for that you just got a poor carvery before the game and a seat.

We don't have the inbuilt location advantages of big city clubs....especially London ones. There's simply not enough companies with cash to burn in the Wearside area. The multinational companies have corporate facilities at the big London clubs and Utd whereas they wouldn't think twice about SAFC which leaves us appealing to local owned firms for a bigger % of our corporate turnover than the big boys with lower prices the result.

Burn the Fact Wizard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back