Are Driving standards getting worse

Oh my god yes. These people are the worst.

Funnily enough that's exactly how many hours I had.
I lost track of how many I had because it took me 5 times to get through my theory :lol:

Saying that though having the amount of lessons I had definitely helped.

I see red light runners regularly. Its not safe out there. I blame the lights.
Compulsory dash cams might be a deterrent.
I’ve been driving for over 45 years and have never witnessed as many red light runners as much as now it’s so regular these days. The majority are young teens who obviously don’t give a fuck about consequences, the standards today are shocking even simple road etiquette and acknowledgement.

No mobile phones back in the day.
The young team, especially lasses, are horrendous drivers - and all to do with not paying enough attention to the road ahead and their surroundings.
They get through their tests, and then they bomb about with their phones at the wheel, online and texting.
I see it everyday.
This 100%, people seem to think they’re dressed like a celebrity, and therefore everyone should move, and they’re invincible...they have no respect, the amount of younguns I let through and no thank you, not even a raise of the hand so I’ve stopped bothering...fuck the little Kernts....

The mobile phone has meant that’s they film everything....
Had a girl reverse into my car door, she immediately got out of the car and said that the f***ing great dent was already there, she started videoing me and I asked why she’d stopped if she didn’t think I’d hit her...she started gobbling off to her phone that she felt harassed and I was being aggressive......:eek: the insurance company didn’t want to know, as there was no proof, police weren’t fussed despite the fact she drove off without exchanging details....so I’m £300 to fix my car that got reversed into by a girl on her phone...

Basically the penalties for shit driving by younguns are pathetic

I have her address and she’s on her mums insurance, haven’t ruled out doing something to their motor....

This 100%, people seem to think they’re dressed like a celebrity, and therefore everyone should move, and they’re invincible...they have no respect, the amount of younguns I let through and no thank you, not even a raise of the hand so I’ve stopped bothering...fuck the little Kernts....

The mobile phone has meant that’s they film everything....
Had a girl reverse into my car door, she immediately got out of the car and said that the f***ing great dent was already there, she started videoing me and I asked why she’d stopped if she didn’t think I’d hit her...she started gobbling off to her phone that she felt harassed and I was being aggressive......:eek: the insurance company didn’t want to know, as there was no proof, police weren’t fussed despite the fact she drove off without exchanging details....so I’m £300 to fix my car that got reversed into by a girl on her phone...

Basically the penalties for shit driving by younguns are pathetic

I have her address and she’s on her mums insurance, haven’t ruled out doing something to their motor....
Brake fluid 😉

None, I have been driving now for 33 years and I have caused not so much as a bump.

How'd you know ? Lots of people cause accidents, then are not involved in the crash, and drive away oblivious. Not having a go or doubting you though. Just saying it is possible to cause an accident you're not involved in. Loads on you tube.
I'm an ADI.
Feel free to ask.

A Dyslexic Aldi shopper ?

Last edited:
How'd you know ? Lots of people cause accidents, then are not involved in the crash, and drive away oblivious. Not having a go or doubting you though. Just saying it is possible to cause an accident you're not involved in. Loads on you tube.
link?

Coast road is like the Whacky Races, cars changing lanes without indicating, Undertaking, Speeding, I drive to the limit I'm often passed like I was stopped, Tailgating, drivers using mobile phones to text, going through red lights, you name it they do it

They need to incorporate into the test or theory of what to do when a emergency services vehicle comes up from behind on blues.
If anyone doesnt know, do not stop next to a traffic island and still expect them to get past. Do not simply move to the left and continue travelling 60 and dont panic and slam the anchors on ending up stopping on a blind corner.
Just indicate and slow to a safe stop as far left as possible.

I drive differently to 30 years ago. I'm slower and leave more room. I don't care about people cutting in (it used to f***ing rile me a few years back).
Once I have done this, people's driving has improved.

That extra time gives you a chance to plan ahead. Most people never look up from whats at the end of the bonnet and so can't see ahead and spot hazards developing. The hazard perception test is pointless and is simply an exercise of click if you see something

Back