Arctic Monkeys Thurs/Fri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Were they any good then ? And more importantly for me were they checking tickets on entry :D

I went with 4 mates after buying the tickets and I didn't have to get my ID out once. One of my other pals bought their ticket off someone else outside the arena, didn't get ID'ed. Was just like a normal gig, through the metal detectors show yer ticket, in. Mind they might bump up security if they've been told they weren't doing their job properly.

Was a class night overall. Hope they're as good tonight as they were last night marra.

Gutted that I couldn't get me ticket back at the end like after handing it over to get in the Standing Area. Have been able to get it back at the end every other time I've been to the Arena.

Edit:
what time did it finish ? can be touch n go catch metro

Half 10.

Class gig. The arena really is properly shite mind. Service for drink is laughably bad. Not the servers, just the general layout and quantity of operators.

I went with 4 mates after buying the tickets and I didn't have to get my ID out once. One of my other pals bought their ticket off someone else outside the arena, didn't get ID'ed. Was just like a normal gig, through the metal detectors show yer ticket, in. Mind they might bump up security if they've been told they weren't doing their job properly.

Was a class night overall. Hope they're as good tonight as they were last night marra.

Gutted that I couldn't get me ticket back at the end like after handing it over to get in the Standing Area. Have been able to get it back at the end every other time I've been to the Arena.
I asked about 5 different stewards afterwards for a ticket stub but nowt like. Have always got one before.

two lads from London we were meant to be taking out have dropped out so it's me, my colleague and up to now, my brother in law with one spare for tonight. In some lounge thing but hopefully it'll be easier to get drinks. Just looking forward to a good drink more than owt else.

Class gig. The arena really is properly shite mind. Service for drink is laughably bad. Not the servers, just the general layout and quantity of operators.

I asked about 5 different stewards afterwards for a ticket stub but nowt like. Have always got one before.

Agree with the service for drinks, took about 20 minutes. On the plus, we got into the arena straight away, no waiting about in long queues which has usually been the case.

I managed to get a ticket off a lass who had seated tickets.

Getting a pint was ridiculous like. Why don't they just have people constantly pulling them? Instead of getting 1, I got 3.

Wasn’t the best concert I’ve been to.
They were good but I didn’t think they were exceptional.
Each to their own I suppose.

Really good night like. Only the second time I've seen them but they seem much more accomplished live now. Didn't hear The Lemon Twigs so not sure how they were as support.

what time did it finish ? can be touch n go catch metro
10:30

two lads from London we were meant to be taking out have dropped out so it's me, my colleague and up to now, my brother in law with one spare for tonight. In some lounge thing but hopefully it'll be easier to get drinks. Just looking forward to a good drink more than owt else.
I’ve got nowt else on tonight like :lol:

Last edited:
Wasn’t the best concert I’ve been to.
They were good but I didn’t think they were exceptional.
Each to their own I suppose.

Every time it started to get going they played a new one and everyone fucked off to the bar or the loos
Thought they were decent but it’s not one I’ll remember

All the fools dissing the new album, man. I'm 40, not a massive fan of them, but TBHC is one of the greatest albums of my lifetime. It's f***ing bloody brilliant. A work of genius. It's great seeing a band develop from raw rock n roll to sophisticated, multi layered brilliance. Reminds of the developmental trajectory of The Beatles.
Putting it on over the weekend to see if it is my cuppa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back