Arctic Monkeys Thurs/Fri

nephew reckoned there's a spare ticket if I wanted it last week mate. cba tbh. I like the new material but live they'll never surpass the cluny gig back in the day imo

I’d love to be at this gig. The reviews of their recent shows sounds tremendous, although I’d gan for a piss/ to the bar during their new latest stuff. When they turn it on, they f***ing turn it on. I saw them at the arena around 2012, and it was a class gig.
The latest album doesn’t do it for me. I read somewhere on twitter that it was “45 minutes of Alex Turner sucking himself off”, which pretty much sums it up.
Hopefully he’ll get this one out of his system, and the next album will be a more punkier, rock sounding one- and filled with bangers

Me and my eldest driving down from Edinburgh for Thursday. Standing, miles from stage.

Never been to Arena before - what’s it like? Decent places to have a drink before/after or only in the venue itself?

Bought the bairn tickets for her and her friend .. just had an e mail saying the person that booked the tickets/cardholder has to be present at the door.. she's only 16 so doesn't have a card of her own just yet.

Anyone had any experience of this at other events.??. was just hoping to drop them off and pick them up without having to stand in the queue with them..

Bought the bairn tickets for her and her friend .. just had an e mail saying the person that booked the tickets/cardholder has to be present at the door.. she's only 16 so doesn't have a card of her own just yet.

Anyone had any experience of this at other events.??. was just hoping to drop them off and pick them up without having to stand in the queue with them..

I think this is standard practice in the terms and conditions these days to discourage touts but i've never been to a gig where they bother to check.
All they did on Saturday in Sheffield is quickly scan you with the detector front and back, there isn't enough time or staff to do anything else really

I'd be surprised if they had any trouble but worth hanging around till you're sure as they could be more stringent with teenagers, i doubt it though

4th and 5th time of seeing them this year. Looking forward to it but with it being in the Arena I reckon the sound....as ever...will be dreadful

I think it normally says this when you buy tickets through seetickets and the like. I've never been asked for the card I've bought the tickets on and often there's not much more than a cursory glance at the ticket

Only time I’ve ever had mine checked was for Noel at the arena this year - had to have photo ID to match name printed on tickets.

Woman I work with bought her daughter tickets for a gig last year and was advised to give her daughter a photocopy of the bank card - never got checked tho on the night.

Only time I’ve ever had mine checked was for Noel at the arena this year - had to have photo ID to match name printed on tickets.

Woman I work with bought her daughter tickets for a gig last year and was advised to give her daughter a photocopy of the bank card - never got checked tho on the night.

Aye think that's what I'll do, e mailed the company back. They reckon as long as she has photo Id with same surname she should be ok.. they have the same first initial too.. I'll hang about just to be on the safe side.

Best band of my generation and I'm coming up 40.
I wish I was going to see them again but I'm away abroad on Friday and didn't fancy a crazy hangover with three flights to do.

I would be very surprised if they check tickets against ID. As others have said it's more to prevent ticket touting.

Only time I've been asked for ID against tickets was when I went to see Hamilton

All the fools dissing the new album, man. I'm 40, not a massive fan of them, but TBHC is one of the greatest albums of my lifetime. It's f***ing bloody brilliant. A work of genius. It's great seeing a band develop from raw rock n roll to sophisticated, multi layered brilliance. Reminds of the developmental trajectory of The Beatles.

Back