APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love his character, come out fighting, very battling.

As a manager or as a player he's very, very tough man.

He came back from two broken leg in his playing career.He's fighter.

On the other side this guy has the lovely humour.Love his humour.

Will never forget where you've taken us in those seven years.

We've come a long way.

Thanks for the memories Peter.Hopes you've the success on your way.

Five years of glory

Peter,

Thanks for signalling your intentions on day one - a fist in the air, not a poncy wave.
Thanks for Super Kev and the Lord of the Pants.
Thanks for 2-1, twice, at Sid James Park.
Thanks for the first five years.
Thanks for the sense of humour.
Thanks for the most entertaining team I've ever seen (98-99)
Thanks for the best season I've ever seen (99-00)
Thanks for not bank-rupting the club.
Thanks for the passion.

Good luck in the future - and please, keep your shares until we're back at the top of the league and they're worth something!

Thanks for some of the best football I have ever seen SAFC produce.
Shame it had to end like this, but I for one will be clapping when you return to the SOL with a new team.

Reidy being a younger lad u have been manager 90% of my time as a sunderland supporter. You made me feel proud to wear my sunderland shirt , down wemberly way up the road to scum land and the length and breath of these shores.

You will go down as one of the best managers sunderland have ever had you where my hero when i was younger when i met you i was in ore of u.

Sunderland salutes u mr reid thanks and all the best mate.. :cry:

Good luck and thanks for the seven best years out of my thirty watching sunderland. Lets hope we see you back visiting soon

good achievement in keeping us up in 95 and getting us promoted firs time and for that many thanks. Apart from that it was the new stadium impetus and the paucity of decent first division opposition that gave us success. We are where we are despite Ried not because of him.
No sympathy from me (and yse HBT) I have a very long memory and do know how crap we were before PR took over. Whole different ball game now though).

Cheers Peter,

in 40 years of supporting the lads you've given me more hope than dispair; more highs than lows, more pride in Sunderland than ever before. You've made the foundations for a great club.

I'll cheer you when you return with your next team.

It's like the end of a long affair. There are so many great memories and I know he will be missed but it is best for everyone that this affair has come to an end.
Good luck Reidy in all you do. You are without doubt a Sunderland Legend and I along with many others will look forward to seeing you return to The S.O.L. one day.

Cheer Up Peter Reid.

P.S. Go and enjoy a long holiday pal, you've definately earned it.

All the best Peter, you did a great job and put us back on the map, it's a pity you stayed 18 months too long.

Reidy is largely responsible for the re-birth of Sunderland as a club we can be proud of and I'll always remember him as a saviour that showed us the way and what is possible even if he couldn't quite take us there. Without doubt the best post war manager in my opinion although Stokoe gave us our best memories.

Peter - thanks for the memories, the crack, the achievements, SKP & Quininho partnership, Magic & Gray partnership, summerbee and makin partnership, Clark and Rae partnership, Tommy, record points in 1st div, goal feasts, tears at Swindon, Tears at Wembley, record points next season, cruising the heights of the elite in premiership, thinking we can get into Europe, building up our profile to something we could never have thought possible. Peter Reid your time has come. One big thank you again. We know you knew your time was up too.

sunderland till i die (reckon PR will take us to his grave too)

ftm

Thank you Peter Reid for saving us from division 2, Promotion and return of pride in 1995-6 beating millwall 6-0, Some great results in the premiership in 1996-7 (Manure2-1,Chelsea3-0,Arsenal1-0 etc).Thank you for Kevin Phillips, Nial Quinn, Alan Johnston, Nicky Summerbee, Lee Clark and the best season of entertaining football I'll ever see, Thank you for 105pts and 91goals and Tommy Sorrensen. Thank you for getting us to the top 3 thank you for 5-0 v's Derby Thank you for Stefan Shcwarz Thank you for 2-1 at the landfill and thanks for 7th place. Thanks for 2nd place at christmass, thanks for 2-1 again, thanks for Houllio Arca, Emerson Thome and Don Hutchinson thanks for 7th place again......

As for the rest, forget it mate :D I allready have look forward to your return to the SOL in opposition, I for one will give you the reception you deserve :D

aye, cheers for the good times, but not the bad. no doubt you will follow the same path with another club in the near future.

Cheers Reidy! I drank your very good health last night. You did your best but I think the time was right. :( :(

Cheers Peter

Its with happiness and sadness that I write this with the news just starting to sink in. The initial celebrations of a new era at our club are masked by the considerations of what has gone before us. He did a good job, seemed a canny bloke, took us to the brink of something great and did it his way. It turns out his way is no longer effective and it is time to go.
I'd like to thank Peter for all the hard work and for all the good times, I'm sure he will do well somewhere else.

Good luck Sir Peter.
And always FTM wherever you may go.

Peter Reid

Thanks for everything Peter, you deserved better at the end. Wish you all the best in what ever you do in the future. You'll always be welcome at Sunderland as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for making us a Premiership team and giving us some performances to remember and results to be proud of. Thanks for making us ambitious again, you showed where we could be and nearly got us all the way there. Good luck in your next job, and wish you every success (except when you're playing against us!).

joeyblackball2 said:
You should never have taken Heath back, thats when the rot set in.

Totally agree with you on that one. I only wish that Mr Murray had noticed earlier. Peter is now a legend in our history and I wish him well. As for his mate, good riddance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back