APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for everything Peter, all the best for the future.

As for Heath and our so called scouts FOAD.

Thanx for everything you have done for us Peter.

Good luck in the future!

Thank You Peter. The good times well some of them were grrreat, in the words of Avid "They made me do a sex wee" but in the end sorry you had to go my son... That's football. Thank you please

Gigg Lane, 5-2, absolute footballing Nirvana.

Have a long holiday, get yourself a decent backroom staff and you'll be OK.

he took is a long way... was a hell ov a rollercoaster - but everything comes to an end... am sure he'll do well again - just wish he could find decent backroom staff, IMHO thats where it started to go wrong....

In all his time with us, Reidy never dodged an accusation, never ducked a question, never hid behind chairman or board. He stubbornly held on to his beliefs and an innate sense that hard work and a love for his club like no other manager in the premiership has today would see him through.
For this alone he is a legend among Sunderland managers of my generation.
He leaves us now, as much a victim of his successes as his shortcomings. Without expectations raised by those two fine 7th place seasons, maybe he would have remained to finish the job he so ably started.
He raised the bar. Sadly, for whatever reason, he failed to jump any higher.
He leaves us with a squad that is the best of any in my 25 years as a Sunderland fan. But it is not for his many excellent signings that he will be remembered - for Phillips, Bellion, Wright, critics will rightly cite Nunez, Kilbane, Varga.
He will be remembered for much more. For his passion, his honesty and his integrity. For the pride he gave us in two incredible derby wins. For taking as much flak as he ever gave. Peter, I thank you for the many proud memories you have given me and I salute your many passionate commitments to our no longer lost cause. Cheers mate.

So long Peter and thanks for all the memories

Good luck for whatever you do next :eek:)

Good luck for the future Peter... you will never be forgotten!!

Thanks for giving us some great mmorys!

you took us as far as you could - which was quite a long way - and put us back on the footballing map - for which i think we will all be greatful - however, you should have left on your our accord long before now when it was obvious that you could take us no further (about a year ago) and i think i would have had more respect for you. Still though, thanks for the good times and thank god you have now gone :D :evil: :D :evil:

Respect more than admiration for Mr Reid, I'm sure he will bounce back with a 1st division outfit, then he can have all the cack players he bought for us.

Just a shame he never left 12 months ago.

Thanks Peter - put your feet up for a few months then get yourself to somewhere like Sheff Weds or West Ham.

2 way thanx

TopCat said:
8 years ago, if we'd thought our biggest problem would've been not qualifying for Europe, and our £8.5M signing not looking too sharp we'd have thought we were dreaming. You made it all possible Reidy, thanks for the memories, good luck for the future

I agree that Reidy has changed our fortunes - but he leaves with the club having earned a fortune and a fat cheque. We could have had better memories if he'd been strong enough to buy when he should have (2 years ago). SAFC have done as much for his career as he has done for us. Thank you anyway Peter - pitty you couldn't quite make that next step! :wink:

Thanks for the best times I've had as a SAFC supporter since 5-5-73.

The history books will remember you as the man who saved us from the brink and restored our hope and pride, while laying the foundations for greater things.

Your only real mistakes were showing too much loyalty and trust to people who didnt deserve it and not knowing when to finally call it a day.

So... Cheer up Peter Reid... Oh what can it mean to a Sunderland supporter to be top of the league.

Thanks for nearly getting us there.

Thanks for the memories. You are a top bloke, but it's simply time for a change.

So many good times, but not enough of them recently - it's a shame but it'll be the best for both parties.

Wish u good luck for the future - no doubt you won't be out of a job for long (and you'll probably stuff us).

98/99 was the dream season in my books and will be my lasting memory.

FTM

Thanks for some great memories Peter. Its sad that it had to come to an end like this but after the last 20 months its got to be for the best. We are now much bigger on the football map and you've helped lay the foundations for us to go onto to the next stage. For this Sunderland fans will always be grateful.

Here are a few of my top memories:

Craig Russels last minute winner V Sheff Utd, April 95

And his 4 V Millwall the following season

Micky Bridges scoring twice in the last 10 minutes to beat Huddersfield 3-2 on the way to the 96 championship.

John Mullin V Manure 97

The football played in 97-98-Johnston & Gray down the left, Summerbee, Quinn & Super Kev. And Mad Lionel in goal.

Wembley 98:Ive never experienced such an emotional rollercoaster.

Seven nil V Oxford-even without Niall & Kev playing

Four nil at Sheff Utd in December 98 with Bridges running riot.

Following the open top bus to the Seaburn Centre in 99

Having trouble breathing as I tried to deal with the tension when Bally hit the bar in the closing minutes of the first Two One.

Chelsea home, December 99. Believing we could really be going places.

Two One 2000, and Tommy's penalty save. Absolute ecstasy!

McCanns curling a late equalizer into the top corner at Highbury in December 2000

Carteron V The Scum

Thanks Peter, all the best for the future.

For awhile we lived the dream and that was down to you Peter.
You have left me with some unforgettable memories.
Thanx and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back