AOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today has got to be the end of him being a first-choice starter. Doesn't contribute at all in terms of general play and doesn't score anywhere near enough to compensate for that fact
Utility option off the bench and a body to throw on for the last 10 if we’re chasing. The idea that he gets a game in a wide forward role when we’ve got mcgeady, Gooch, diamond and Jones is absolutely f***ing barmy though.

He does run about a lot but to little purpose as he doesnt really have a position.

I think it says it all that Millwall never played him as a central striker, but he signed for us because we promised to play him as a central striker.

I'm just baffled that a manager can watch Jones and O'Brien day in day out and then decide 'ok Aiden, you start' every sodding week.

WE said that goal midweek despite him doing nothing would get him a start today and it so nearly backfired on us, LJ was forced to pull him off and surely he will sit the fella on the bench from now one, first half today his ball control or lack of it was abysmal.

Shocking today, but so were a lot of them. The whole set up was wrong and the approach played into their hands. Where did our high press go?

Shocking today, but so were a lot of them. The whole set up was wrong and the approach played into their hands. Where did our high press go?
That is true but, for me, that was a typical performance from O'Brien while others we below par. I know I am a bit obsessed with O'Brien but I see that weak, half hearted performance nearly every time he plays. The idea that his movement is somehow different level and justifies his inclusion is a false one - he surrenders possession so weakly often and really contributes so little. Maguire cameo showed what we should be demanding from O'Brien - but it will never come.

That is true but, for me, that was a typical performance from O'Brien while others we below par. I know I am a bit obsessed with O'Brien but I see that weak, half hearted performance nearly every time he plays. The idea that his movement is somehow different level and justifies his inclusion is a false one - he surrenders possession so weakly often and really contributes so little. Maguire cameo showed what we should be demanding from O'Brien - but it will never come.

what do you think of Wyke today? The header for the second goal was the first one he won all game. Two without a goal now as well. His contribution isn’t being scrutinized though. I think the standards are set differently for different players.

Arguably our best performances under Johnson have been Lincoln and Doncaster. Both when he hasn't been on the pitch.

Wimbledon away we take him off and we score 2 within 10 mins.

MK Dons in the cup we are poor, take him off and change shape to suit and are much better scoring two.

Today we take him off and turn the game.

Has he ever been brought on and changed a game?

what do you think of Wyke today? The header for the second goal was the first one he won all game. Two without a goal now as well. His contribution isn’t being scrutinized though. I think the standards are set differently for different players.
Not really Wyke has scored 21 goals and has earned his place. O'Brien hasnt. I always feel footy is a simple game. You need match winners. Today showed we have that in Wyke,McGeady, Jones and Maguire. O'Brien is not what you call a match winner and therefore as he is a foward he has to be questioned when he keeps out match winners.

Utility option off the bench and a body to throw on for the last 10 if we’re chasing. The idea that he gets a game in a wide forward role when we’ve got mcgeady, Gooch, diamond and Jones is absolutely f***ing barmy though.

Aye I cant get my head round it like

Its just really really poor management from Johnson in my view, simple as that.

Wyke was poor today, Mandron's goal return isn't as good, but, his control, laying off & "team" positional sense were well above Charlie's

WE said that goal midweek despite him doing nothing would get him a start today and it so nearly backfired on us, LJ was forced to pull him off and surely he will sit the fella on the bench from now one, first half today his ball control or lack of it was abysmal.

😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back