Anyone watch films 'n' that on a projector screen at home?

Yes, I have a theatre room with a Panasonic projector and a 95” wall mounted screen. When we first got it the son used it a lot more than us, as a room for his x box.

always looks a bit washed out and shit imo

They do if not done correctly. If you have space for a theatre room and enjoy watching movies then they are great.

If however you come home in the summer and want to put the tv for half an hour then having to mess about shutting the door, curtains, blinds ect just isn't worth it.

They do if not done correctly. If you have space for a theatre room and enjoy watching movies then they are great.

If however you come home in the summer and want to put the tv for half an hour then having to mess about shutting the door, curtains, blinds ect just isn't worth it.
* etc. (et cetera)(annoys me more than their/there/they're)

Is your username meant to be "nath"?

Surely no-one has just a screen with a projector without a TV for everyday use?

do you find that a wall-mounted screen is better than a pull-down one?
I have had both and don’t feel there is any difference, so go with that best suits your house. I also beamed on to a wall in a new build and that was superb too, the screen was about 10feet wide.

Actually, mine is a pull up screen at the minute as a pull down wouldn’t work so well with 12 feet high ceilings. Do at least 5.1 sound or you aren’t really getting the full benefit of a big screen.

Once the True 4K projectors come down in price a bit more I will upgrade I think

With any telly your brain adjusts to it within three or four days and it just becomes the new normal.

So just watch a for a couple of days on a black and white portable and then go back to your colour HD telly and it will be amazing for a few days. Save yourself a load of dosh.

Mind, I'm not keen on action/special effects stuff so it would be wasted on me.
I totally agree with this we have a 65” 4K tv but our lounge is very long so it looks normal size if the sofa is at the back. At the moment it’s arranged so we sit closer but it still looks normal size after the year of having it.

I have had both and don’t feel there is any difference, so go with that best suits your house. I also beamed on to a wall in a new build and that was superb too, the screen was about 10feet wide.

Actually, mine is a pull up screen at the minute as a pull down wouldn’t work so well with 12 feet high ceilings. Do at least 5.1 sound or you aren’t really getting the full benefit of a big screen.

Once the True 4K projectors come down in price a bit more I will upgrade I think

Thanks for that.

Got Dolby Atmos installed. Immense sound, especially for UHD discs like The Matrix, Everest & Sicario. Can't wait for Mission Impossible: Fallout to arrive!

Have you got upfiring speakers sat on top of your fronts or ceiling mounted?

ceiling-mounted, fella.

I couldn't never get me head round "fake" surround sound and all that jazz. I want my sound to come from speakers, not bounced off a wall or a ceiling. No matter how good calibration systems purport themselves to be, I still didn't trust in it.

Opted for a less permanent option, with satellite speakers being wall-mounted but up at the top of the wall, with the cabling pre-installed behind the coving. A lot less faff than fitting a suspended ceiling or drilling holes from under the bedroom floor upstairs. Still have the full Atmos effect, like.

I’ve used my projector straight onto the wall in my gaff for a few years now and it’s f***ing phenomenal. Still get excited like a little kid at Christmas when a massive game is on and the screen is a good 10ft across, best thing I’ve ever bought :D
I borrow a mates projector for a film club, a sort of extension to the book club we have in the street. We have white walls, so the image is about 10ft by 6, and we just turn the sofas and chairs round, plug the sound into the stereo and get the drinks out. We have watched stuff like Being There and Life of Brian that don't come around much anymore, and there's lots of chat afterwards too. I try to hang on to the projector if there is a good game to watch and my personal favourite is MotoGP, where the lean angles from the on-board cameras can make you want to throw up!

I've got a projector an electric screen built into the roof but have only got 2 speakers now after getting rid of the 5.1 I had before (was a bit poor), I was thinking of getting some inceiling speakers but was unsure of the sound effect of having it come from above.

ceiling-mounted, fella.

I couldn't never get me head round "fake" surround sound and all that jazz. I want my sound to come from speakers, not bounced off a wall or a ceiling. No matter how good calibration systems purport themselves to be, I still didn't trust in it.

Opted for a less permanent option, with satellite speakers being wall-mounted but up at the top of the wall, with the cabling pre-installed behind the coving. A lot less faff than fitting a suspended ceiling or drilling holes from under the bedroom floor upstairs. Still have the full Atmos effect, like.
What position are they wall mounted at? front directly above the fronts or elsewhere?

What position are they wall mounted at? front directly above the fronts or elsewhere?

Halfway between me and the telly. That's where I had them when it was "just" a 7.1 set up.

All I did was move the rear satellites down to sitting level. So, with the front pair of floor-standers sitting on the floor (obviously) it makes for a great system.

I'll take some pics over the weekend if you like.

I remember being about 6 and being invited to my mates house next door for his birthday party. They had a projector screen as part of the events and showed Disneyland in LA.

I couldn’t believe that they’d built such a theme park. Really groundbreaking back then. This is 1967 or so. Never forgot it. Mind boggling at the time.

Back