Anyone use their own car for business driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How's your premium £1200 when you haven't had an accident in 30 years and your car is 12 years old?
Cos they just make them up?
I got hit while parked twice in a week. Premium soared then. I got it down to £800, then I bought this car (which is 4 years older than my previous one) and it went up £400 with no explanation. Arseholes.

I got hit while parked twice in a week. Premium soared then. I got it down to £800, then I bought this car (which is 4 years older than my previous one) and it went up £400 with no explanation. Arseholes.
You didn't switch to another insurer?! Mug!

Move insurers then, they're taking your pants down.

What was it before the hits? Do you pay for premium protection?

I’d definitely be looking for other quotes.

I'm main insurer on 2 cars and only pay 500 and odd quid.

I take it you claimed against your own insurance then?

I got hit twice when parked while on a employee lease scheme, so no NCB. Also live in a rough area and have the Yankette on the insurance with me as a learner as she's working out how to use a clutch. Mine is about half that - they are having your eyes out there

I take it you claimed against your own insurance then?
Didn’t have much choice. One was the courtesy car while mine was in the shop. :evil:

I got hit twice when parked while on a employee lease scheme, so no NCB. Also live in a rough area and have the Yankette on the insurance with me as a learner as she's working out how to use a clutch. Mine is about half that - they are having your eyes out there
I cannot work out why it’s so high. One is down as my fault, as I was opening my door, despite the other bloke being 6 inches from my door, speeding, and driving away from the scene. The other is malicious damage.
But neither were more than a grand. Hopefully they’ll be expunged in a year or so and it will go back down.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound right at all that mind....I've been hit with no fault and never went up drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back