Anyone use their own car for business driving?

Legally, yes. But morally? You could have got 3 cars down that road side by side yet he was 6 inches from my door. Anyway, as illustrated abouve, that only adds £50 to my premium now. It’ll be off by next year.

Why did you open your door when he was 6 inches away from your door? Bit stupid really wasn’t it? Or did you not check your mirror before opening a door into someones path?

Yeah, I wish we had less people on the roads who’ve never had an accident in 30 years.
Not getting at you here but does this mean that you think it's you who hasn't had an accident in 30 years? Just interested on how you class what's happened in the accident stakes.

For the record I've had a couple myself over the years including writing an Astra off by running into the back of someone I thought was pulling away at a junction then slammed their brakes on. Whilst I think there was no need for them to brake, they did and I was looking at the traffic to determine that I thought there was room for not only them but me to pull away.

They might have a driving policy which states x amount of points and you can’t drive for them.

Might also be classed as bringing the company into disrepute, that is always a catch all definition.
How can it bring the company into disrepute, it's not like speeding fines make page 1 of the sun.

Yes, but if you can’t get finance at a garage it’s gonna take a while to save up enough for a 3 yo car.
just lease one with the allowance.

I got hit twice when parked while on a employee lease scheme, so no NCB. Also live in a rough area and have the Yankette on the insurance with me as a learner as she's working out how to use a clutch. Mine is about half that - they are having your eyes out there
You can get a separate learners policy through the likes of Collingwood Insurance, it works out much cheaper and if they have a prang it wont be on your no claims policy. we did this and it paid off when my daughters foot slipped on the clutch pulling up on the drive and shot the car forward into the downstairs loo, almost £13K of damage to the house! I was pleased I wasn't sitting on the loo at the time, I had been 5 minutes before she did it!

Not getting at you here but does this mean that you think it's you who hasn't had an accident in 30 years? Just interested on how you class what's happened in the accident stakes.

For the record I've had a couple myself over the years including writing an Astra off by running into the back of someone I thought was pulling away at a junction then slammed their brakes on. Whilst I think there was no need for them to brake, they did and I was looking at the traffic to determine that I thought there was room for not only them but me to pull away.
I’d class an accident as a collision on the road. Not parked up with the engine off.

A company I used to work for told me I had to use my car for business travel and I would be compensated on the mileage, I used it a couple of times but always ended up driving home for something to eat. I then told them to fuck off. They arranged for in house transport for me and I had my own driver he was a right misriable bastard.

Why did you open your door when he was 6 inches away from your door? Bit stupid really wasn’t it? Or did you not check your mirror before opening a door into someones path?
I didn’t check. He could have easily avoided me if he hadn’t been doing about 60 though.

How can it bring the company into disrepute, it's not like speeding fines make page 1 of the sun.

just lease one with the allowance.
That would mean a big reduction in beer money though.

My allowance is actually an old agreement from before we got taken over and it’s to pay for fuel to get to work, not to buy a car.

Last edited:
I’d class an accident as a collision on the road. Not parked up with the engine off.
But there was a collision on the road in your scenario.

Reverse the situation for a second, you're driving along, a bit over the speed limit cos you're running a bit late, doing a bit of internet banking to check how much you'd spent on the lash the night before and some ignorant twat opens a door onto the road which you clip. Is that an accident?

I didn’t check. He could have easily avoided me if he hadn’t been doing about 60 though.

My allowance is actually an old agreement from before we got taken over and it’s to pay for fuel to get to work, not to buy a car.
Then if you're being moved to a new scheme, I would ask that they move the payment level to the new scheme to.

Reverse the situation for a second, you're driving along, a bit over the speed limit cos you're running a bit late, doing a bit of internet banking to check how much you'd spent on the lash the night before and some ignorant twat opens a door onto the road which you clip. Is that an accident?
:lol:

You wouldn’t be doing internet banking in that scenario. You people have no idea do you?
Yes it’s an accident, but you can class it the same as someone walking out in front of you.
I’m defining accident as something you cause due to bad driving.

What, you got paid fuel to get too and from work. Result.

But how would points be a be a matter for your employer it's your own insurance your using g not there's .are they not just paying you to use your own car?
In the schemes I have been in they aren't interested in points - so long as you have a valid license it is fine

Back