Anyone taking legal Acton against VW Group??

I signed up years ago. The case has been going for ages, with everyone arguing which company will take the lead and various other bullshit.

Doubt I'll ever see a penny

Just signed up. Weirdly enough I can't claim for the one I bought in July 2016 but can claim for the one before it.

anyone who owns a diesel should be able to claim something from VW as the residual values of all diesel cars have taken a knock because of their behaviour.

Seems like this is starting to move forward. I’ve received a couple of email updates lately. Things are starting to get heard in court. There was something to do with the definition of cheat device a few weeks ago, and then received an email today that VW cant appeal this and must pay £3m in legal fees so far.

Anyone else sign up for the group litigation and had similar?

Seems like this is starting to move forward. I’ve received a couple of email updates lately. Things are starting to get heard in court. There was something to do with the definition of cheat device a few weeks ago, and then received an email today that VW cant appeal this and must pay £3m in legal fees so far.

SPG Law?
Got a similar email today as well

Edit... just realised I started the thread 🤣🤣

Last edited:
SPG Law?
Got a similar email today as well

Edit... just realised I started the thread 🤣🤣
Yeah just looked that’s them SPG. Thought initially I’d signed up for the wrong thing as Slater and Gordon seem to get the most coverage on this. I just signed up on the basis of there’s nowt to lose so it’d be a nice unexpected bonus if I get something back.

Wife has...noticed the initial arguments went against VW.
as usual they say they will fight on, but in most other cases they have eventually come to an agreement

Wife has...noticed the initial arguments went against VW.
as usual they say they will fight on, but in most other cases they have eventually come to an agreement
Yeah apparently they can still go directly to the court of appeal. Not sure what this all means but it must be a good sign that VW are being made to contribute to the other sides legal costs already.

Shite , didn’t realise you could . Sunderland
Vw did my diesel emission work then it failed about a month after the 2 year guarantee , cost me about £1400 to get it done again, no goodwill offered , twats

Yeah just looked that’s them SPG. Thought initially I’d signed up for the wrong thing as Slater and Gordon seem to get the most coverage on this. I just signed up on the basis of there’s nowt to lose so it’d be a nice unexpected bonus if I get something back.

You can sign up with anyone, but S&G have the majority of claimants on their books and are leading the class action.

Yeah, had the same - I signed up via a different company (I believe they were the original company in this, but could be wrong). Slater & Gordon were eventually named as a the lead on the case after much wrangling.

VW have made an offer on legal fees that is about 90% of what the costs are expected to be, and that's been accepted. So any legal fee deductions from any "award" will be minor now. The lawyers also have insurance against any other losses, so we cannot really lose here.

Anything is better than nothing I suppose. Would be nice to see a good 25% of purchase price being refunded though - I think mine was £17k - looks to be worth about £6k now, so that would give me about £10k to buy something new if I fancied & I've been looking at Skoda Superbs for ages....

Back