Anyone taking legal Acton against VW Group??

Anything is better than nothing I suppose. Would be nice to see a good 25% of purchase price being refunded though - I think mine was £17k - looks to be worth about £6k now, so that would give me about £10k to buy something new if I fancied & I've been looking at Skoda Superbs for ages....

I bought a used Scirocco that was an effected model. Had it 2.5 years and moved it on just as all this kicked off. It will be interesting to see if I end up being due anything and how much. My ownership dates coincided with the criteria they set so I signed up, but in real terms some people will have lost a lot more than me in depreciation as a result of the emissions scandal.

I bought a used Scirocco that was an effected model. Had it 2.5 years and moved it on just as all this kicked off. It will be interesting to see if I end up being due anything and how much. My ownership dates coincided with the criteria they set so I signed up, but in real terms some people will have lost a lot more than me in depreciation as a result of the emissions scandal.
Honestly, as someone who bought his car brand new (50 miles on the clock, 6 months old), I don't think depreciation has been a big thing at all. The "fix" didn't hurt my car at all. I think what it did do was to "break" a lot of cars that were close to the limit already.
Diesels need to be driven on motorways etc, not just short trips to the shops.

Honestly, as someone who bought his car brand new (50 miles on the clock, 6 months old), I don't think depreciation has been a big thing at all. The "fix" didn't hurt my car at all. I think what it did do was to "break" a lot of cars that were close to the limit already.
Funnily I wasn’t aware of that at the time and did have a few problems with the DPF on my VW as I do low miles. Not sure if that’s linked to the emissions issue but it’s certainly something car salesmen should be making people aware of when selling diesels.

Funnily I wasn’t aware of that at the time and did have a few problems with the DPF on my VW as I do low miles. Not sure if that’s linked to the emissions issue but it’s certainly something car salesmen should be making people aware of when selling diesels.

Not just VW, father-in-law had to have his whole DPF system replaced on his Juke as he didn't know he had to take a diesel for a decent run once in a while. Nissan didn't tell him and as he was coming from an old diesel without a DPF he never thought twice about it.

I did that years ago against Sony. They were knowingly putting dodgy video chips into some pcs. I bought one that I considered as expensive. It lasted 15 months, irreperable damage they said and quoted me the cost of a new one as replacement. A lot of people sought retribution. I will never see any satidfaction.

Yeah, there's been a few "expose" things about car salemen not mentioning about dpf requirements. Its far from just a VAG group issue though tbf.
Basically, modern diesels are just not suitable for town cars (I'm sure there's exceptions, but 99% of the time)

I tend to do a 25mile run up the A19 and back 3 times a week. Even that is probably only just say enough.

We had more problems after the so called fix....lost of power and fuel consumption went down... We bought our A3 literally a week to 10 days before this all exploded in the press...Most VW and Audi Garages knew about this problem for months, if not years but never informed customers or done anything about it.. it was only when the American head of VW was put in the firing line that the beans were spilled.. If I had known before about this problem I'd never have bought the car , paid with pound notes.(in our case Credit card). When I did trade it in last march I lost a small fortune on it but had learned enough by then to have a little bit of Credit on the new one.. Just as a insurance safeguard.

We had more problems after the so called fix....lost of power and fuel consumption went down... We bought our A3 literally a week to 10 days before this all exploded in the press...Most VW and Audi Garages knew about this problem for months, if not years but never informed customers or done anything about it.. it was only when the American head of VW was put in the firing line that the beans were spilled.. If I had known before about this problem I'd never have bought the car , paid with pound notes.(in our case Credit card). When I did trade it in last march I lost a small fortune on it but had learned enough by then to have a little bit of Credit on the new one.. Just as a insurance safeguard.
Yep, this is what a lot of people have said, and its a legitamate issue, and people should be compensated.

From the snippet I heard so may be wrong but some fella won a sizeable settlement less depreciation on the car, if that’s true, gonna be some sizeable liabilities on them
That's in Germany. The loss the court decided on the car, with depreciation taken into effect.
Not sure what you mean by sizeable liabilities?

That's in Germany. The loss the court decided on the car, with depreciation taken into effect.
Not sure what you mean by sizeable liabilities?
For the company as a whole above what they have already set aside. And then I guess seat and the rest have a chance of being dragged in as well

For the company as a whole above what they have already set aside. And then I guess seat and the rest have a chance of being dragged in as well
Oh, its the whole VW group, Audi, Seat, Skoda are included in the cases.

Yes, its cost them billions already. They've handed over £20m to the lawyers of the UK case just the other week.

Oh, its the whole VW group, Audi, Seat, Skoda are included in the cases.

Yes, its cost them billions already. They've handed over £20m to the lawyers of the UK case just the other week.
Have they settled in the USA yet as I could see that being a kick in the bollocks with their wacky courts?

I missed the mass court case , am
I able to jump on bandwagon now ? I’m £1400 out of pocket cos of the emission work they did

Back