Anyone taking legal Acton against VW Group??

I wonder how many in the mass law suit looked at the emissions before selecting the car
Just so you know, it's not just about emissions. Lots of car owners have had a multitude of problems since the software update to become compliant. Loss of performance/power, fuel efficiency, limp mode, and other problems that VW/Audi don't seem to want to fix.
I think a lot of people bought the cars prior to any mention of the mass lawsuit.
Americans got a result. I doubt people in Europe will fare the same...
... and yes... Im part of it

Just so you know, it's not just about emissions. Lots of car owners have had a multitude of problems since the software update to become compliant. Loss of performance/power, fuel efficiency, limp mode, and other problems that VW/Audi don't seem to want to fix.
I think a lot of people bought the cars prior to any mention of the mass lawsuit.
Americans got a result. I doubt people in Europe will fare the same...
... and yes... Im part of it
I bought an Audi for our lass ,three days before it all exploded in the news. Its had the upgrade/remedy/software and its performance too, as you have stated, has deteriorated significantly. Paid cash for it, never do that again......... and I'll not buy another Audi, VW or BMW... Yes, they do have an involvement. In answer to the OP yes, Emissions Lawyers are dealing with ours. As the people involved in the cover up have decided not to appeal their direct involvement in the cover up and have accepted guilt ,from what I recall in the documents we have seen, they will be forced by the EU to pay up. If I'd known before hand about the cover up (The Dealership must have known and been aware when they sold the vehicle to me of the problems but kept quiet) and the performance of the vehicle would be affected to the extent it has, no way would I have bought the car.

Couple of quid? The radio advert is promising up to half the price of your car back.
Is this for another class action? I thought the cut-off for any litigation for VW was September? And there has never been any communication to any member of the VW action that they would expect up to half the value of their car back (original cost price or other). I think the most that was quoted was around 3K. Id happily return my car for the price I paid for it in all honesty...

I bought an Audi for our lass ,three days before it all exploded in the news. Its had the upgrade/remedy/software and its performance too, as you have stated, has deteriorated significantly. Paid cash for it, never do that again......... and I'll not buy another Audi, VW or BMW... Yes, they do have an involvement. In answer to the OP yes, Emissions Lawyers are dealing with ours. As the people involved in the cover up have decided not to appeal their direct involvement in the cover up and have accepted guilt ,from what I recall in the documents we have seen, they will be forced by the EU to pay up. If I'd known before hand about the cover up (The Dealership must have known and been aware when they sold the vehicle to me of the problems but kept quiet) and the performance of the vehicle would be affected to the extent it has, no way would I have bought the car.
I paid cash too for my AUDI. It came from part of my pension payout when the pension provider went tits up (long story) so Id never have been able to afford one any other way (before I get the 'look at me cash for a car') and was the biggest treat I could give myself, the subsequent issues Ive had made me want to give it back. Anyway... Ive heard nothing of the cover up as you put it so this is new news to me (with Slater Gordon). Would I get a VW/Audi again? Im not sure.... it was a lot of money to effectively waste on something thats ended up being not what it was sold as...

Last edited:
So the answer to the question is, yes, there are mass lawsuits, fines and financial implications for the other companies who falsified emissions test results

Is there anyone who honestly bought a motor based on the emission data? Anyone who buys a diesel car is a wrang 'un anyway.

Is this for another class action? I thought the cut-off for any litigation for VW was September? And there has never been any communication to any member of the VW action that they would expect up to half the value of their car back (original cost price or other). I think the most that was quoted was around 3K. Id happily return my car for the price I paid for it in all honesty...

I paid cash too for my AUDI. It came from part of my pension payout when the pension provider went tits up (long story) so Id never have been able to afford one any other way (before I get the 'look at me cash for a car') and was the biggest treat I could give myself, the subsequent issues Ive had made me want to give it back. Anyway... Ive heard nothing of the cover up as you put it so this is new news to me (with Slater Gordon). Would I get a VW/Audi again? Im not sure.... it was a lot of money to effectively waste on something thats ended up being not what it was sold as...
The S&G radio adverts say for up to half the cars value. The reality is, that’s a hook and the payout will be around 3k, as there will be cars worth only 6k that’s half the value. The law firms are no better than the car manufacturers.

There are very few truly honest people left in this world unfortunately.

The S&G radio adverts say for up to half the cars value. The reality is, that’s a hook and the payout will be around 3k, as there will be cars worth only 6k that’s half the value. The law firms are no better than the car manufacturers.

There are very few truly honest people left in this world unfortunately.
Im assuming thats Slater & Gordon then? Look to be honest, if I got 3K its better than a kick in the balls, I honestly wouldnt have bought the car (at the price I paid) if after getting it 'fixed' it would be worse than it was. Every recall I got to get my car in for the fix, I protested to Audi that other people I knew had issues following the fix... they tried to assure me that if any issue was apparent they would fix it. Not only did it bugger up my cars performance and fuel efficiency, whateve rthey did started playing havoc with parking sensors, and other bits seemingly related to the 'computer' (sorry Im not a car expert). Kept getting told it wasnt the fault of the fix. Its like saying the white wall I painted blue, isnt blue because of the colour paint I used

Fancy the chance at a couple of quid aye?

Is that an individual case or part of a larger group? Can you share who you are using?

End of October according to the advert.
When I’ve looked at the detail there is a large fee put aside by the law firm to cover their costs (£10m I think) but they state if they lose then the law firm, and subsequently claimants would be liable for VWs costs. But the advert says ‘no win, no fee’. Not really sure what the consequences of a no win would be.

Last edited:
End of October according to the advert.
When I’ve looked at the detail there is a large fee put aside by the law firm to cover their costs (£10m I think) but they state if they lose then the law firm, and subsequently claimants would be liable for VWs costs. But the advert says ‘no win, no fee’. Not really sure what the consequences of a no win would be.
What the point of stating no win no fee if you have to pay a fee if you dont win... ?

Im assuming thats Slater & Gordon then? Look to be honest, if I got 3K its better than a kick in the balls, I honestly wouldnt have bought the car (at the price I paid) if after getting it 'fixed' it would be worse than it was. Every recall I got to get my car in for the fix, I protested to Audi that other people I knew had issues following the fix... they tried to assure me that if any issue was apparent they would fix it. Not only did it bugger up my cars performance and fuel efficiency, whateve rthey did started playing havoc with parking sensors, and other bits seemingly related to the 'computer' (sorry Im not a car expert). Kept getting told it wasnt the fault of the fix. Its like saying the white wall I painted blue, isnt blue because of the colour paint I used
Exactly.

I think the lesson is, don’t get the recall done.

Pass emissions for the rest of time and have a well functioning car. Just ignore the letters, no one would come knocking.

VW have actually received compensation from claimant lawyers which is probably why they are drumming up more business... just found this one from affected user and this is often the case following the 'free' fix
"Once my golf had the work done for the recall on the emissions, it started playing up the day after. Fan always running after the engine stopped even during winter, VW not helpful at all, basically pay £183 for a diagnostic check and we will see if it's our fault. Asked to speak to someone higher but no one ever returns your calls. Eventually went into limp mode and it was EGR valve totally caked up. Of all the mechanics I have spoke to say they now advised not to do the emission recall, as lots of cars having problems with the EGR. Local mechanic sorted it and told us the car is designed to run a low revs but actually needs high revs to clear the EGR. I am sure if I had took it to VW they would have charged 3 times as much. Definite case if buyer beware."

the cover up was that the CEOs of VW in both America and Europe ALL knew about the problem with these Emissions Prior to it becoming public knowledge and covered it up. This is why the law suit in the US is in the billion and the CEO is possibly doing jail time and those in Germany being issued with a administration order against VW AG. for Euro 1 million fine. VW tried to blame initially a few technicians but that was quickly dispelled. I will pm you with some details a bit later.

Back