Anyone recommend a roofer

Be aware that roofers know you are not going to climb on your roof to inspect their job, as you would a plasterer or a joiner or tiler.
I don't want to tarr all roofers with the same brush, so will just say, the last 3 i've used have not done a good job.
Did you climb on your roof to check, like?

Mates a roofer, charges about £70 for 1 tile and about £5 a tile after that, so that’s a rough guide to how much you should be looking at) , he’s always busy, and is now having to delay jobs due to the resent windy / wet weather…

Did you climb on your roof to check, like?
I have been up there once, was a bit dangerous, so that was my last.
But a pair of binoculars get you pretty close to their work, and after decades on sites building roofs, and building and tiling my own extension, i'm confident i can spot cowboy jobs when i see crap workmanship.

I got ripped off 1600 quid by this Irish twat just before Xmas. I tried another one who was recommended by a mate. He did half the job then looked.off and I haven't heard a thing from him since. All roofers are utter scum. I hate them all with a passion.
I've decided to make the leaks I have in my roof into a water feature cos it'll never get fixed by the look of it. Bastard twats.

I got ripped off 1600 quid by this Irish twat just before Xmas. I tried another one who was recommended by a mate. He did half the job then looked.off and I haven't heard a thing from him since. All roofers are utter scum. I hate them all with a passion.
I've decided to make the leaks I have in my roof into a water feature cos it'll never get fixed by the look of it. Bastard twats.
Took me 7 months to get someone out after damage from that storm in November 22 IIRC. A few looked at the job and then never came back. About 10 tiles needed replacing.

Mates a roofer, charges about £70 for 1 tile and about £5 a tile after that, so that’s a rough guide to how much you should be looking at) , he’s always busy, and is now having to delay jobs due to the resent windy / wet weather…
I’ve got a roof to go on and it has with 30k tiles in it. It’ll cost me £150,070.00 for your mate to put it on.

You got his number mate
Surprised it hasn't been snipped yet, I only bumped it due to a certain companies name being mentioned and they've made the news
What news ?

Last edited:
Correct.

Me and gilly have discussed this in private.
Any builder who is.
Cheap
Available/never says no
Wants cash
Is on check a trade etc

Are to be avoided, in fact that’s a bit nasty. Should be last resort.
Any builder who’s on check a trade should be avoided?

Utter nonsense

Agree with the rest

Back