Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

How do you “swing”?

I’ve just switched to the two thumbs on the right analog stick and it’s been a revelation
Just using my right thumb on the right analogue stick. Must admit getting a bit better now like.

Hadn't thought of using both thumbs, seems a reasonable way. Just loaded it up now for a couple of hours practice.

Just using my right thumb on the right analogue stick. Must admit getting a bit better now like.

Hadn't thought of using both thumbs, seems a reasonable way. Just loaded it up now for a couple of hours practice.

Aye I read it on the hb forums when I was searching for a list of real courses that been ported over

Will have a look later. Might have to edit/delete current practice event as I haven't even done it!

How is Q School practice going for folk in general?
Getting the hang of master clubs (just the one thuumb for me), so tee to green not too bad. Then all depends how much wine I have had and whether my putting is decent.

I have started to take practice swings to get my aim, which has helped loads.

When is q school meant to start?

whats the latest game for this, the golf club 2 or the golf club 2019?

it's easy
2019, think the price has already dropped on the ps store.

Getting the hang of master clubs (just the one thuumb for me), so tee to green not too bad. Then all depends how much wine I have had and whether my putting is decent.

I have started to take practice swings to get my aim, which has helped loads.

When is q school meant to start?

2019, think the price has already dropped on the ps store.
14th apparently so we have the rest of the week to get the practice in. Had a new best of -4 on Low Course from black tees, just know when it comes to the real thing it will all go to hell. Been playing on high/very high wind as per @Mr Bojangles advice.

Going to give it a go.

@AgelessStranger sent a request for the SMB club
Can't see any request on the club page, not sure if I'm looking in the right place!

Last edited:
14th apparently so we have the rest of the week to get the practice in. Had a new best of -4 on Low Course from black tees, just know when it comes to the real thing it will all go to hell. Been playing on high/very high wind as per @Mr Bojangles advice.

Can't see any request on the club page, not sure if I'm looking in the right place!
Aye been playing high winds meself. I normally have at least blow out hole though.

Still at work, but will double check I havent cancelled the request to join when i get in.

@AgelessStranger request is still active. Is it under members?

Last edited:
Aye been playing high winds meself. I normally have at least blow out hole though.

Still at work, but will double check I havent cancelled the request to join when i get in.

@AgelessStranger request is still active. Is it under members?
Na nowt there mate. I reckon it could be that as there is an open event it could be interfering. It closes in 11 hours anyway so will see what the crack is tomorrow.

Im playing the event now (may as well on me tod) and first 3 rounds are -4, +9, -5 :eek::lol:

Have just set one up on your favourite course ;) 4 rounds, wind isnt so bad first round. Pin position 1-4 for each round, what im expecting come Q School...
Champion, I'll play a couple of rounds tonight, need the practice especially as i realized I had only been practicing from the yellow tees, and pin position 1. There was some brutal pin positions in 2.

cheers for sorting

Champion, I'll play a couple of rounds tonight, need the practice especially as i realized I had only been practicing from the yellow tees, and pin position 1. There was some brutal pin positions in 2.

cheers for sorting
Aye, first time I played pin position 2 I shot +9. About to give round 2 a go now...

Haha, had a blast last night on pin 2 in 20mph winds, was +5 at one point but pulled a few back to finish +2. What dickhead designed this course

I suspect 3 rounds of strong winds and 1 easier round.
You are going to owe me a new controller at this rate. :cry:

I'm so f***ing shit at the course. The second hole bonkers in the fairway man:evil:

+22 after 2 rounds :lol: Finally got a birdie on the 17th round 2

Last edited:
Haha, had a blast last night on pin 2 in 20mph winds, was +5 at one point but pulled a few back to finish +2. What dickhead designed this course

I suspect 3 rounds of strong winds and 1 easier round.
Just put together a -2 on pin 2 with very high winds. Felt like a grind but my swing clicked. Can hit perfect/perfect a decent amount of the time now. Just waiting for it to fall to shit at Q School.

Your course is so well designed, I'm feeling good about tea to green, but by God its easy to let shots slip in and around the greens :mad::lol:

Back