Anyone own an electric car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some decent deals coming out on the Tesla model 3s now, didn’t think I’d be able to get one on time or on budget but appears I can so think I will go for that.

I drive one - and will never go back to an ICE. Better, more fun to drive, cheaper to run, and doing my bit for the environment too :) (tbf my wife drives a range rover, so ying and yang and all that). I'm lucky enough to have a tesla, but we are looking at mid size for the wife's next one (model 3, the Kia etc)

The leaf is an outstanding car, looks good, big enough to compete with the focus, 3 series etc for a family of 4. The days of the diesal/petrol engine are limited.

Outstanding? The prices start at twenty eight grand!! The only outstanding thing is it’s electric and costs a fortune. As for cheaper to run, of course, but you lose out on the initial purchase price. Thats the same argument the anti-diesel brigade always use against oil burners, except in this case, the price gap is ludicrous.

Test driving one next week - the new electric golf, but unless it wows me my next car will be petrol, I’m doing about 15k miles a year.
Piss poor range on it TBH.

Outstanding? The prices start at twenty eight grand!! The only outstanding thing is it’s electric and costs a fortune. As for cheaper to run, of course, but you lose out on the initial purchase price. Thats the same argument the anti-diesel brigade always use against oil burners, except in this case, the price gap is ludicrous.
That's for the shorter range one anarl :lol:

Some decent deals coming out on the Tesla model 3s now, didn’t think I’d be able to get one on time or on budget but appears I can so think I will go for that.

Business or personal? Last I checked it was over £500 for a personal lease with a decent mileage allowance.

If I could get one for £400 with 15,000 miles I’d take it but even then I’d be pushing it.

Test driving one next week - the new electric golf, but unless it wows me my next car will be petrol, I’m doing about 15k miles a year.
GTE hybrid Golf looks canny. Read in a review the fully electric one feels a bit heavy what with all the batteries.

They look interesting but for the price of them I'd be more tempted to look at a low mileage R.

Business or personal? Last I checked it was over £500 for a personal lease with a decent mileage allowance.

If I could get one for £400 with 15,000 miles I’d take it but even then I’d be pushing it.

I got this email today from a lease company, used this bloke before but not the company he is with now. I know that they will drop their price if you say you can get it cheaper from elsewhere.

Electric Car Lease Offers

Beat the inevitable end of quarter price increase.
Below are Contract Hire deals on a couple of electric options. They are mostly available on both Business and Personal Lease on 6 Upfront Payments. We can quote alternative payment profiles and mileages if required.
If any of the deals below are of interest or you have alternative requirement, do get in touch for a specific quote and/or any questions you may have.
Factory Order Only

Tesla Model 3 Elec 241 Standard Range Plus 4Dr Auto
· Solid Paint
3 Year: 6+35; 10k pa £422 +VAT
Initial Payment: £2536 +VAT

Stock and Factory Order

Jaguar I-PACE SUV Elec 90kWh 400 S 5Dr Auto
· Solid Paint
2 Year: 6+23; 10k pa £439 +VAT

Initial Payment: £2535 +VAT

If you can’t see what you are interested in, again get in contact and we are more than happy to help.

GTE hybrid Golf looks canny. Read in a review the fully electric one feels a bit heavy what with all the batteries.

They look interesting but for the price of them I'd be more tempted to look at a low mileage R.

That must be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here.
Electric car or more horses than Godolphin. :lol:

That must be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here.
Electric car or more horses than Godolphin. :lol:

Not always about the speed though. I mean I’d love something as fast as a type R but it probably costs five times more to run.

An electric car would cut my current running costs by a third, and I already have a very economical car.

I expect I’ll end up with a Civic, 1 series or A class, but I am going to take an MX5 RF out for a test drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back