Anyone own an electric car?

My next company car will be fully electric as they want to look more green! The deal is gonna be good so they say and i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Had one years ago when I first had kids.

They liked it but battery drained so fast and we never got far in it.. didn't use it anyway as much as we envisaged

And toys r us wouldn't take it back

Last edited:
Typical life span of about 10 years in a battery. Residual value of your car is linked to battery life too.

Are you getting the vehicle on HP, cash purchase, PCP?

How long are you planning on keeping the car?

What is the difference in cost between purchase / rental?

Weigh these things up when considering whether to go rental or purchase.

What garage do you work for?

I was wondering how getting a charger installed at home would work when it's for a second hand car? With new cars I believe a home charger is included in the price?
Not normally included in the price. Just contact an electrician to install one. Not expensive.

I’m not anti-electric car in principle, but Jesus wept - who’s daft enough to buy these things? The prices are absolutely outrageous. You can get a pretty swish petrol or diesel car for the price of, say, a Nissan Leaf, which, let’s face it, is just an otherwise unremarkable family car.

They’ve a very long way to go before I’d be interested. They absolutely have to come down in price to compete with fossil fuel burners if they’re going to become properly mainstream. The manufacturers must be trying to claw back the money they spent on R&D, no way should they cost so much.

Leasing, on the other hand... well that’s the only sensible option right now, IMO.

I’m not anti-electric car in principle, but Jesus wept - who’s daft enough to buy these things? The prices are absolutely outrageous. You can get a pretty swish petrol or diesel car for the price of, say, a Nissan Leaf, which, let’s face it, is just an otherwise unremarkable family car.

They’ve a very long way to go before I’d be interested. They absolutely have to come down in price to compete with fossil fuel burners if they’re going to become properly mainstream. The manufacturers must be trying to claw back the money they spent on R&D, no way should they cost so much.

Leasing, on the other hand... well that’s the only sensible option right now, IMO.
Bought a Zoe for our lass last year & to be honest I've been very impressed with it, so much so that I'd consider going down the electric route myself, with the government grant & a scrappage scheme there are some good deals, new Tesla looks cracking as well

I drive one - and will never go back to an ICE. Better, more fun to drive, cheaper to run, and doing my bit for the environment too :) (tbf my wife drives a range rover, so ying and yang and all that). I'm lucky enough to have a tesla, but we are looking at mid size for the wife's next one (model 3, the Kia etc)

The leaf is an outstanding car, looks good, big enough to compete with the focus, 3 series etc for a family of 4. The days of the diesal/petrol engine are limited.

Back