anyone on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, worst bit was someone catching you with the lit end.
We used to always spark a lucky tab with 5 minutes to go. And if we scored we’d dance around with tabs aloft proclaiming their greatness.

Tab smoke doesn’t bother me at all. Used to love the smell of silk cut: distinctive.

People today are offended by everything it seems.
I take great delight these days in going to festivals and smoking in the big tents. People can fuck off if it offends them, not that anyone has ever said anything mind. You’re technically outside anyway.

Last edited:

Mental what used to deamed as acceptable
Seen a recent clip of an old Blue Peter probs from the 70s & one of the presenters ( Peter Duncan I think ) was being lowered down Big Ben on a wooden seat attached to rope
No safety harness :lol:
thers the old classic of john noakes climbing nelsons column on a load of ladders tied together with roap and gaffer tape...complete with overhang at the top

no special gear, a parka, farrahs and his clarks shoes

Under 30 so never went to clubs when smoking inside was still legal but I can imagine the smell on clothes afterwards much have been lifting after spending a few hours in a hot sweaty place full of people puffing away with inadequate air con.

What year was smoking on buses outlawed? Was it 2005 (or whenever the main ban was) or before? I honestly can’t remember being on a bus with people smoking when I was a bairn! Probably just my patchy memory though.

remember smoking on Airplanes...when did this get banned...i cant imagine being stuck on a plane full of loads of tramps smerking away

it must of f***ing stank

i cant really remember my first flight other than it was in 89/90

I flew to the USA in Oct 1996 and my mates needed to be in the smoking section

Mental what used to deamed as acceptable
Seen a recent clip of an old Blue Peter probs from the 70s & one of the presenters ( Peter Duncan I think ) was being lowered down Big Ben on a wooden seat attached to rope
No safety harness :lol:

No !!

It's mental what's deemed unacceptable now.

Did most of my flying for graft in the 70's and 80 's. I' m sure I used to remember them saying, if the cabin pressure falls, and the the oxygen masks drop, please extinguish cigarettes before donning mask. Seems like another world now.

remember smoking on Airplanes...when did this get banned...i cant imagine being stuck on a plane full of loads of tramps smerking away

it must of f***ing stank

i cant really remember my first flight other than it was in 89/90
My first ever flight was to Florida in 1993, and we were asked at check-in if we wanted smoking or non-smoking.

Asked for non-smoking and got put in the very back row which was the only smoking area on the whole plane.

Of course, all the smokers migrated back there and it was horrendous.

The last flight I can remember being on where you could smoke was in 1991 on Virgin Atlantic flight from Gatwick to Boston USA. When I packed in smoking 16 years ago not being able to smoke on a plane was one of the things I used as a plus point to prove to myself I could quit. I just thought if I could go 8-9 hours on a flight to Barbados without a tab and without crawling up the walls, then I could pack in. I did on both counts.

My first ever flight was Gatwick to St Lucia
I hate smoking so asked for non smoking as you do. 10 hrs being the first row in front of the smokers. It was BA who at the time was giving a free bar so I just got shitfaced for 10 hours and just perceived it to be like being on an all day session in a pub

Flew Egypt Air once back to UK. Head and shoulders the worst smoking flight ever. They had to eventually switch the no smoking sign on throughout the plane, which did not go down well. There was a thick haze throughout. They wheeled oxygen up the aisle to help one woman breathe.
Not allowed to sell alcohol on the plane either so they got round it by giving you a bag of grog each when you boarded. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back