Anyone got a Persimmon house.

If it was me I would say you only get 90% and the other 10% after 6 months.

If they don't fix the snags they don't get the 10%

I’m hearing Permission bought a brick works after first lockdown which due to the shortages would of been a good idea.
However they didn’t use the correct amount of lime and the bricks on the houses are crumbling in large areas. Large areas of the houses will need remedial work
They built their own factory a few years back but that sounds like something off FB tbh

Until people stop buying houses off plan these companies will not change. I really think a law needs to come in that prevents house builders from taking any more than half payment for an off plan property up front, the rest can be paid upon satisfactory construction and a survey. But we currently have the tories in so thats not going to happen.

Last edited:
Until people stop buying houses off plan these companies will not change. I really think a law needs to come in that prevents house builders from taking any more than half payment for an off plan property up front, the rest can be paid upon satisfactory construction and a survey. But we currently have the tories in so thats not going to happen.
I couldnt agree to buy a house that hadn't been built personally. Seems odd :lol:

That test who got the multi million pound bonus is with avant now
They are building on any scrap of land
Like that patch at west Rainton overlooking rainton bridge and the fence houses plain

People will buy a new house anywhere, they have built in the middle of Peterlee industrial estate near walkers crisps and the kookaburra chicken factory. The smell of kookaburra must be horrendous.

They're building opposite Sainsbury's near Wessington Way as well.
Berkeley Deveer have taken over Avant.

Didnt realise that they had taken them over

Noticed the sign when I was at Sainsburys the other day

That development just seems stranger by the day now they have started knocking up a Stoneacre garage on the corner

Didnt realise that they had taken them over

Noticed the sign when I was at Sainsburys the other day

That development just seems stranger by the day now they have started knocking up a Stoneacre garage on the corner
They were selling them from their office in Yorkshire with no show home etc.
The land didn't cost them a huge amount.

I have been monitoring this thread for a while I bought a charles church house and have been in 7 weeks now was apprehensive before moving in and my lass was down looking at house being built almost daily. They have been spot on. Every snag we have had has been sorted.
We got a home viewing before exchange. They let us to a snag list before we exchanged. Moved in and got a further unofficial snag list. Then the official 7 day one. After a month of being in they asked for another one. They have fixed things at every step and I can't fault them. All the workman who came in have said site manager runs a tight ship. Lads on the site all seem sound and have done a bit of work on the side as well.
The above sounds like there was a lot wrong but it's been minor stuff for the most part scuffs, loose flag stone in garden replacement kitchen door. Ive had plumbers painters and joiners in within a few hours of emailing site manager. I've heard horror stories but they have been spot on. The sealent between workbench in kitchen had bubbled up. Manufacture of work top sent a lad up who travelled from north Wales to sort it.
I did take the retention of money option.

Back