Anyone got a Persimmon house.

So just a little update (just in case anyone is considering it) had my mate round, a site manager with a different builder. He hadn’t got on the drive….all edge stones damaged, block paving damaged, gutter clips damaged, dry (no) mortar in joints….literally everything shoddy, cheap, DAMAGED from first kerb stone at front, to garden fence at the back, from flooring (what’s underneath I wonder) to as far as seen to gutters). Promised missing goods after months……They’re literally rebuilding next doors gable end as I type, relaying the other side’s drive and dumping more goods on top………anyone considering it. Your welcome to take a look around mine…

So just a little update (just in case anyone is considering it) had my mate round, a site manager with a different builder. He hadn’t got on the drive….all edge stones damaged, block paving damaged, gutter clips damaged, dry (no) mortar in joints….literally everything shoddy, cheap, DAMAGED from first kerb stone at front, to garden fence at the back, from flooring (what’s underneath I wonder) to as far as seen to gutters). Promised missing goods after months……They’re literally rebuilding next doors gable end as I type, relaying the other side’s drive and dumping more goods on top………anyone considering it. Your welcome to take a look around mine…
You'll be covered for 10 years under NHBC guarantee though?

Get those cowboys out to fix their shoddy work. Piss taking fuckers. Nieces house had a snagging list as long as the build itself.

Get those cowboys out to fix their shoddy work. Piss taking fuckers. Nieces house had a snagging list as long as the build itself.
Maybe wrong attitude. I just don’t want them back in my house. Bloke who fit the integrated door (guess what) took a chunk out. Said he would report it. I told him not to bother. ……still got 3 doors to go on….getting my mate to do them……..fairs fair……I was warned…..this is honestly for anyone on here or their family, friends who are thinking about it…..

NHBC was a total waste in our experience for snagging/quality of finish etc. All in builders favour

Moral of the tale
Don’t buy a new build
Bloke on radio 4 other day who is a professional Snagger for house builders insurance companies and independent surveys
He said modern builds may be more energy efficient but build quality is atrocious and most will require substantial upgrades in 10 years
Best quality me builds was about 20 year ago
Materials workmanship etc or go for something built before 1970s

I’m hearing Permission bought a brick works after first lockdown which due to the shortages would of been a good idea.
However they didn’t use the correct amount of lime and the bricks on the houses are crumbling in large areas. Large areas of the houses will need remedial work

We eventually decided against a Persimmon house and I think you are just confirming that was the right choice

Are there any good housebuilders? I guess with the amount of housebuilding at the moment corners are going to be cut.

Surely buying a 2nd hand one would be a better option. Hopefully by then any snags will be apparent before purchasing.

Are there any good housebuilders? I guess with the amount of housebuilding at the moment corners are going to be cut.

Surely buying a 2nd hand one would be a better option. Hopefully by then any snags will be apparent before purchasing.

Not necessarily. Houses may have hidden issues that people would have to sort when they move in. Until youve lived somewhere you wouldnt discover things.

Ya looked at ya mates sites pin kebs?

Not necessarily. Houses may have hidden issues that people would have to sort when they move in. Until youve lived somewhere you wouldnt discover things.
Aye but hopefully more chance of faults becoming apparent after a few years eg: settling.

Would probably depend on your Survey.

There are always issues with any house. Hopefully with some age comes wisdom.

Many persimmon sites don't use nhbc any longer, they use labc as they only inspect roughly 1 in 10 during build
Moral of the tale
Don’t buy a new build
Bloke on radio 4 other day who is a professional Snagger for house builders insurance companies and independent surveys
He said modern builds may be more energy efficient but build quality is atrocious and most will require substantial upgrades in 10 years
Best quality me builds was about 20 year ago
Materials workmanship etc or go for something built before 1970s
Load of shite mara

Miller homes
Story
Avant

Worked on them aswel as shite like persimmon, they are all built well and inspected when they should be

Last edited:
Many persimmon sites don't use nhbc any longer, they use labc as they only inspect roughly 1 in 10 during build

Load of shite mara

Miller homes
Story
Avant

Worked on them aswel as shite like persimmon, they are all built well and inspected when they should be
David Wilson?

Load of shite mara

Miller homes
Story
Avant

I hope Avant builders are better than there sales / local directors

Building a lot and of houses in the area. Anyone got a persimmon house and thoughts..
dont bother Pal hoyed up in no time with more snags than a bramble bush....never again
You’d be better off erecting a Wendy house in your garden.
yep, taped ceilings that haven't see a plasterer, garden full of bricks and cement, double glazing the units they must have got for 1p each, shite....

Last edited:

Back