Anyone got a Persimmon house.

Most of the issues I had were quite small, like additional paint work needed, some kitchen units replacing, taps redoing etc. We did have a big issue with the plumbing which left us without a shower for 3 months. They sent 3 experienced plumbers out to fix it and they couldn’t figure it out. The 4th lad mustnt have been older than 22 and straight away figured out that they hadn’t sealed a pipe properly. They also fucked up the heating system upstairs which needed a lot of time to fix. Oh and they accidentally hooked our gas meter up to our neighbours house and vice versa. That was a big fuck on.

Oh and they also put a lampost about 3 ft in the middle of my drive, took two years to move and they still havent sorted the path out yet…

The problem is even though things might be small to fix (and I can’t complain when some people have huge issues), it’s still an inconvenience having to wait in for them to come and fix something. Especially when you have them out maybe 20 times, most of which wouldn’t have been necessary if they just did things properly at the start
Some of those problems are massive balls ups to be fair.

Some of those problems are massive balls ups to be fair.
Yeah they are, but some people I know have had much worse. Things like their bath overflow not being plumbed in and having their ceiling flood on New Years Eve (Persimmon), or full bathrooms needing ripping out and refitting (Gentoo)…

Persimmon have a thing for gravel. They love it. Plop it everywhere they can. On your drive, in place of front lawn and promised shrubs, in place of 30% of your back patio where there should be paving. If theres a gap needs filling, gravel is their choice. The only houses with nice shrubs and greenery provided are the ones nearest the marketing suite, so as to entice you in. Otherwise, walk up to the rest of the houses and its gravel galore.

Most of the issues I had were quite small, like additional paint work needed, some kitchen units replacing, taps redoing etc. We did have a big issue with the plumbing which left us without a shower for 3 months. They sent 3 experienced plumbers out to fix it and they couldn’t figure it out. The 4th lad mustnt have been older than 22 and straight away figured out that they hadn’t sealed a pipe properly. They also fucked up the heating system upstairs which needed a lot of time to fix. Oh and they accidentally hooked our gas meter up to our neighbours house and vice versa. That was a big fuck on.

Oh and they also put a lampost about 3 ft in the middle of my drive, took two years to move and they still havent sorted the path out yet…

The problem is even though things might be small to fix (and I can’t complain when some people have huge issues), it’s still an inconvenience having to wait in for them to come and fix something. Especially when you have them out maybe 20 times, most of which wouldn’t have been necessary if they just did things properly at the start
Some of them are crackers like mate 😂

The Avant we were supposed to buy was a beautiful house, all open plan, big bi folds etc, but they sold it to someone else 5 days before completing.

Spoke to another lad who lives on the estate and also the one down at Seaburn who both said they’re finished building but the estates haven’t been finished, roads , paths, green areas etc.
Some of them houses in Seaburn were close to half a million quid to buy

We ended up buying a David Wilson and the estate is finished, looks canny

Bought a Persimmon home and moved in last December. Was gonna get a snag expert but didn't bother. Loads of noticeable issues and eventually got the lot sorted out. Just need to pester customer care with emails and they will sort the snags. Some house buyers will get the ceiling cracks due to settlement sorted asap but wait a while as you are just getting the plasterers out several times otherwise. Funny the other day, watched as some dimwit in a dumper truck tried to get up an icy bank here at Silksworth Hillfield meadows and the dumper slid back and crashed into a metal fence. Could have been someones car or worse. What the hell they were grafting for in that weather god only knows? (deadlines,unrealistic targets, false promises to customers etc). More Site management changes here than at the SOL.
Still grafting mine. Concrete lorries coming in. Isn’t there a minimum temperature for concrete?
Persimmon have a thing for gravel. They love it. Plop it everywhere they can. On your drive, in place of front lawn and promised shrubs, in place of 30% of your back patio where there should be paving. If theres a gap needs filling, gravel is their choice. The only houses with nice shrubs and greenery provided are the ones nearest the marketing suite, so as to entice you in. Otherwise, walk up to the rest of the houses and its gravel galore.
Not so much on Mine in Hetton. Lawn areas good. Block paved driveway.( Mind they say it’s better not to sand and seal for some reason which is anottmoney saving BS statement( Big patio (got extended for free due to issues elsewhere) and lawns at the back.

Last edited:

Back