Anyone enjoying all this?

It's shite really isn't it.

I miss the commute, being in the office and having a crack on with people, playing and watching football and getting involved in pints. Weekends are mostly shit and there's nothing to look forward to at the end of the week and you're only allowed outside once.

Saving nowt either as my mam is now unemployed so I'm paying her mortgage and bills until she's back on her feet.

Cant wait until it's over. What a shit year and we're only in April.
And you. 👏

Doing my nut right in, this is 4 weeks for me now, still don't stay in bed till late, get up early around 7 ish, breakfast and watch BBC 1 news, then start work, asnwering emails, marking kids work and hosting virtual classrooms on Zoom. I've tried to buy a treadmill, but can't get one delivered until June.

I’m concerned a bit about when I furlough on 17th April. I’m fortunate that I enjoy my job and it keeps me sane and occupied at the best of times. I’m not worried about mental health more the total oncoming boredom

Drinking a lot more. But that's not ideal when still working, albeit from home (with a bairn tearing the place up). If we go full lockdown it'll be horrendous mind. Getting out for an hours run os my saviour.
It's shite really isn't it.

I miss the commute, being in the office and having a crack on with people, playing and watching football and getting involved in pints. Weekends are mostly shit and there's nothing to look forward to at the end of the week and you're only allowed outside once.

Saving nowt either as my mam is now unemployed so I'm paying her mortgage and bills until she's back on her feet.

Cant wait until it's over. What a shit year and we're only in April.

Yep, a dog shit of a year thus far. Great work looking after your mam mind.
I’m a glass half full kinda guy. I’m staying positive and approaching this with the thought that nobody I care about is going to become ill, let alone die.

And worst comes to the worst, they'll be missing nowt anyway.

Last edited:
I wish I could push a button and have a few hours of peace mind. Having the house full all the time is getting a bit trying

Stay safe Alan.
To be honest ive enjoyed having two weeks off work. The longest break ive had in over 4 years.
Saying that its a very worrying time, not sure how its all going to pan out?
Stay safe everone.

i'll try to stay safe. Probably come easier to me than folks with partners and families.

having to keep my little sports car off the road is a pisser. love getting upr the Dales on a Sunday morning.

I'm not really bored, especially as I still go to work.
Can literally just lie in the sun on my days off and drink/run/etc no problem.
Only major concern is my parents getting it and dying. Which is pretty f***ing horrendous as far as concerns go.

Not enjoying it but not bored , I’m starting to look ahead to when I’m finally rid of this lurgy so I can tackle some stuff around the house but working at home is keeping me in some sort of routine and I’m quite a home bird anyway.
Missing my mam and dad a lot now though especially dad as he’s been through the mill last few weeks and facing 12 weeks at least before I see them - thank god for FaceTime

It's escapism and it works :)
I’ve always been a gannin out drinker. Nivver been arsed about drinking at home. Luckily always had enuff work to not have to worry about the cost. Now a big Saturday neet out means missing the start of motd. Auld age.

Still at work so lucky in that respect as I get out of the house through the week, I'm out and about in my job too and enjoy that aspect of it. Although it's a double edged sword in a sense as there is obviously a level of risk associated with it. Must admit I'd much rather be having to go out to work than be sat indoors having recently lost my job due to all this, I really feel for those that have.

The most annoying thing about it IMO is the uncertainty of what the future holds, like everyone I had plans going right through to next summer but they're all up in the air now. Already missed the opportunity to have a week away that I'd planned and took the holidays for. But we're all in the same boat, just got to plough on...

My motorbike has never been so clean.
:lol:
i'm still working so not got the time to do as much as some. i have decided to rip out the wiring on my old triumph and redo it. there's nothing wrong with it, i just fancy filling the weekends with no footy or bike rides with something to do.

as for the op, i'm certainly not enjoying it. it's a constant barrage of bad news and folk dying. as well as thinking every cough, clearing of the throat and ache i get is this virus i'm pretty much terrified of me, the mrs, the family or friends getting it.

Not the first time I've worked from home but its the first time I've been paid to work from home.

Live on my own, so during the week it's okay and not too different from normal, it's the weekend which is more difficult. The light nights won't help either.

Mind this weekend is going to be even worse with it being Easter.

I've been setting all my systems up today and had a problem with the VPN so I looked up who the technical support was for my area, turns out its me. I've got it working now. I've been self isolating until today so haven't had a suitable VPN since today, I've got 11 missed calls from team members in my inbox.

Quite enjoying all the drama but my I'm devastated for all the loss of life & send my heart felt condolences to their families.

Stiff upper lip.

:lol:
i'm still working so not got the time to do as much as some. i have decided to rip out the wiring on my old triumph and redo it. there's nothing wrong with it, i just fancy filling the weekends with no footy or bike rides with something to do.

as for the op, i'm certainly not enjoying it. it's a constant barrage of bad news and folk dying. as well as thinking every cough, clearing of the throat and ache i get is this virus i'm pretty much terrified of me, the mrs, the family or friends getting it.
Just been getting a cb1000r and been getting it roadworthy fixing the niggles what bother me. Passes the time for now, itching to get out on it mind.

Back