Anyone enjoying all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working from home, no commute. Have shit loads of holidays to use up so sticking half days in and get a couple of 6 hour days off the back of it.

Would be a bit stir crazy if I couldn't take the dog out thought.

My brown bin is packed with Spring cleaning cutting and now the bloody council have delayed collection until the 28th April.

So I cant do anymore lawn cuts and some of the bushes have got a real spurt on.

It's mixed for me. Live on my own so in that regard I'm reasonably used to not having company around the house and enjoy having a weekend when I have no face to face interaction with people, other than in shops. However, 7 days a week is a bit excessive.

I'm working from home so on full pay, although there probably isn't a full workload. In that regard, things are pretty good but I kind of miss the routine of being at work. Quite enjoy my commute: 20 minute brisk walk then a 30 minute or so bus journey (supplied free by work) and find that, as I use the bus journey for reading, I'm now reading less.

Main thing I miss is not being able to do a relaxed shop and feel that I can buy things I want when I want them.

Not minding it too much, working from home so I'm here every night now as opposed to being away. Miss the weekends though, football, few bets, drinks on the night. I could absolutely murder proper fish and chips as well.

I have had ups and downs. Today is a pretty major down but I can't put my finger on why it's any different to yesterday or the day before. I miss having choices.

I dont mind it at all. Ive lived alone for around 15yr so isolation is fairly normal for me. I dont bother much with people.

only see my kids on a sunday for dinner, but really miss them even though its only been 3 weeks or so since I saw them.

Am 70 on St Georges Day so will miss them more that day.
I'll be raising a glass to you on your birthday mate

I’m quite enjoying it. Saving a fortune from the enforced absence from the pub, and I’m still working full time and getting out on the bike every other day. Plus I live by myself most of the time anyway. I’m happy to make the sacrifice now in the hope of getting some of our summer back, but I’ll be canny pissed off if we do this with no reward at the end.

The weekend gone was lovely, nothing to do but potter around the garden and enjoy the weather.

Overall though the whole thing is a monumental pain in the arse, not being able to play cricket in a few weeks sucks.

Still, I’m grateful that loved ones are healthy and work is secure.

No.

I’ve been determined not to, so when the novelty time period is over I won’t notice anything different.

Not really. At work anyway and not had physical contact with a member of my family for nearly a month. Cannit see the joy of being stuck indoors 23 hours a day like.

I’m not minding it that much. Half decent weather and getting time to do everything I’ve put off or not got round to watching, lubricated with plenty of alcohol.

Not really, up normal time for work, log on my tablet, check for jobs & then wait for phonecall, I'm on evening standby rota aswell, bloody long days.
I'm on 3 weeks furlough starting next week, volunteered for foodbank deliveries, 3 weeks back at work, then another 3 weeks furlough, rota up to end of June has been binned, we're all on furlough rotation, the boss has got till Wed to sort the new rota, moved shifts so they support call out till 8pm, needs to be done in these uncertain times, stay safe everyone whatever you do 👍

No, but it’s making me realise life is too short

This. In the past i was concerned about being hit by a bus. Now i'm worried about someone breathing on me.

Seriously though thats getting through to me. Just spent a fortune ( by my tightfisted standards ) on a new bike. And it was Mrs. R who talked me into it. I need to live a bit, before its too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back