Anyone do free home testing for new products?

ive had alsorts from tryitsampling, Tvs, hoovers, shavers, kitchen stuff, lego, fridge freezer but its been taken over and the new one is dreadful

About the reviews then.

Am I supposed to be honest, or is it the unwritten rule that you have to be nice or you get blacklisted and won't be invited to test anything again?

Just tried to leave my first review, and I'm getting an error message - tried 2 browsers, no joy.

Not sure what I can do now!

I registered for this a while ago left a couple of reviews but had no free stuff yet.
You left reviews before you received anything?

I've got a £1100 coffee machine here now that I've tested and I'm trying to upload the review, but its just not working. Been on half an hour trying to get it to work. Raised a ticket for support now, such a waste of time.

You left reviews before you received anything?

I've got a £1100 coffee machine here now that I've tested and I'm trying to upload the review, but its just not working. Been on half an hour trying to get it to work. Raised a ticket for support now, such a waste of time.
Eh! I have been leaving reviews saying how great stuff is and being positive but had nowt to test I am getting a bit bored of it.

Eh! I have been leaving reviews saying how great stuff is and being positive but had nowt to test I am getting a bit bored of it.
Hometesterclub is the one I'm on. They send you things THEN you get a link to leave a review.
You must be on a different site?

Why would you leave a positive review for products you haven't tested?

Hometesterclub is the one I'm on. They send you things THEN you get a link to leave a review.
You must be on a different site?
No it’s HTC but you can add a review to stuff lower down the site like mint chocolate and moisturiser and stuff.

How long did you have to wait untill you got the free stuff?

No it’s HTC but you can add a review to stuff lower down the site like mint chocolate and moisturiser and stuff.

How long did you have to wait untill you got the free stuff?
I don't see why anyone would review something they haven't tried. That's just lying?

Got the coffee machine after about a month. My first item.

Just sold that Krups bean to cup for £450. £1100 on Argos (only UK place selling them, strangely), so I didn't exactly hold out for the top price, but happy to see it moved on quickly.

Its paid for my new Ninja blender (£160) and I'm going to buy myself a Chemex for making large brews of coffee for when people come round, as it just takes too long doing 3-4 espresso drinks (hmmm, if only there was an automatic way to make multiple coffess one of the other lol)

Website still won't accept my review though. No response to the help ticket I logged. So looks like I'll get locked out of any further tests :(

Just sold that Krups bean to cup for £450. £1100 on Argos (only UK place selling them, strangely), so I didn't exactly hold out for the top price, but happy to see it moved on quickly.

Its paid for my new Ninja blender (£160) and I'm going to buy myself a Chemex for making large brews of coffee for when people come round, as it just takes too long doing 3-4 espresso drinks (hmmm, if only there was an automatic way to make multiple coffess one of the other lol)

Website still won't accept my review though. No response to the help ticket I logged. So looks like I'll get locked out of any further tests :(

Get locked out anyway mate if they ever find out you’ve sold it on :p

Get locked out anyway mate if they ever find out you’ve sold it on :p
I did read something about agreeing not to sell it, but I assumed they meant "before you do the test and send your review". Otherwise prolific testers would need a new wing on their house? :)

Just submitted a much cut-down and sans-photo review. Seems it was the photo that was killing it.
Next to nothing showing up on the register to test page now though.

Last edited:

Back