Anyone currently positive?

My sore throat is not shifting at all but seeing as though the lft said "negative" I still went to the match on Saturday. I felt like shit all day though. I'm only missing tomorrow's game cos I'm at work.
I’ve had 7 positives on the spin. This last week has been a nightmare- and not the covid. Desperate not to pass it on to the Mrs as she’s in a clinically vulnerable group. I simply won’t get into the car to go anywhere with her till that line has gone.

Absolute pain in the arse (well it’s had its upsides too) completely isolated from her, eating and everything. Bloody pain.

I reckon we’ll be onto our third manager by the time this bloody line goes

I’d been positive on LFTs for a week and have now had two days of negatives.

It was my first time with Covid (I’m double jabbed and boosted) and it absolutely floored me. My cough still sounds like I’m on 40 a day and walking up the stairs sends me dizzy. Hopefully a weekend’s rest will get me back closer to normal.

Thank god for the vaccines!

I tested positive on Tuesday.

Double-jabbed plus boosted.

low-grade fever, runny nose and cough have subsided today (that was the previous 2 days).

Mornings OK, but F... noontime hits and I have to lay down. Totally spent with no energy.

Started paxlovid yesterday...

The faintest of positive lines this morning. Hopefully gone tomorrow. Will be going for a pint at the weekend regardless
CLEAR SECOND TEST

thank goodness for that. Good luck anyone testing positive this morning. It’s every bit as shite as I expected!
The faint line doesn't indicate a mild dose or that's it's getting weaker. It indicates a poor sample was taken.

Do people even still take these tests?
Would be great if they could have actually come up with a specific test just for covid19, they've had a few years now....

Do people even still take these tests?
Would be great if they could have actually come up with a specific test just for covid19, they've had a few years now....
The primary type of PCR tests used during the pandemic to this point are RT-PCR tests. These tests target a very specific RNA. In this case, the RT-PCR tests look for the COVID-19 RNA.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, though, experts have developed the Multiplex Assay PCR test, a more efficient PCR test capable of testing for multiple viruses –COVID-19, influenza A, influenza B and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) – simultaneously.

Starting in the winter of 2021-2022, the CDC will begin phasing out the older RT-PCR tests in favor of the Multiplex Assay PCR test. Besides being more efficient, it should help clarify what virus patients have since symptoms of these viruses can be very similar.

To an untrained eye, looks to me that we had a specific test for covid and have made a second test which tests for a few things.

Last edited:
The faint line doesn't indicate a mild dose or that's it's getting weaker. It indicates a poor sample was taken.
That was two posts mashed together. I’ve done three clear tests over about 36 hours.
Wait, people are actually still testing :lol:
I had no real fancy to pass it on to my missus who is in the high risk clinical vulnerable group. So laugh all you want. It’s not all about me.

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t I test? I didn’t want to pass it on to vulnerable people in my life or indeed introduce it into my workplace.

I’m not a selfish idiot.
No but you are an idiot anyway. Covid would have been introduced into your workplace regardless. We are around it every single day whether you like it or not. A positive or negative test won’t change that.

What about all the asymptotic people that wouldn’t take a test because they feel completely fine but are spreading it? It’s all complete bullshit now

No but you are an idiot anyway. Covid would have been introduced into your workplace regardless. We are around it every single day whether you like it or not. A positive or negative test won’t change that.

What about all the asymptotic people that wouldn’t take a test because they feel completely fine but are spreading it? It’s all complete bullshit now
It's your post which is bullshit spread by the likes of GBeebies and you've bought into their propaganda.

It's your post which is bullshit spread by the likes of GBeebies and you've bought into their propaganda.
Point out which part is bullshit. The only part of my post which is wrong is I shouldn’t have called the OP an idiot but I did because he called the person he was replying to one

I didn’t pass it onto my vulnerable mrs. Thanks to keeping an eye on test results. Am I an idiot too?

Back