Anyone currently positive?

Tested positive for the first time today. Thought I was somehow immune having never had it. I'll not be surprised if there's a canny wave of it this autumn.

Like I said earlier. Took precautions. masks in house. Eating and sleeping in separate rooms. Essentially lived separate lives for a fortnight. Worked too, I didn’t pass it on to her.

That's what we did when the bairn had it and vice versa when I had it. It was hard but we didn't pass it onto each other.

I was unwell during the night and i knew something was not right. Just took a test and im positive.

Any ideas what to do with work etc as I don't want to pass it on.

Has anyone had skin issues post covid? I had swollen ankles and a faint rash on them, kind of like what you get when you're mildly allergic to something.

Noticed when I got undressed last night that my right ankle now has a dark red angry looking rash that is itchy and feels slightly warm. Not sure if it's covid related or something else.

I know they had someone in work with covid as theres no guidlines
From the government website...

"What to do if you have a positive COVID-19 test result​

Try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people​

If you have a positive COVID-19 test result, it is very likely that you have COVID-19 even if you do not have any symptoms. You can pass on the infection to others, even if you have no symptoms.

Many people with COVID-19 will no longer be infectious to others after 5 days. If you have a positive COVID-19 test result, try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days after the day you took your test. There is different advice for children and young people aged 18 and under.

During this period there are actions you can take to reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on to others.

Try to work from home if you can. If you are unable to work from home, talk to your employer about options available to you.

If you have been asked to attend a medical or dental appointment in person, contact your healthcare provider and let them know about your positive test result.

You may wish to ask friends, family or neighbours to get food and other essentials for you.!"

Has anyone had skin issues post covid? I had swollen ankles and a faint rash on them, kind of like what you get when you're mildly allergic to something.

Noticed when I got undressed last night that my right ankle now has a dark red angry looking rash that is itchy and feels slightly warm. Not sure if it's covid related or something else.
To be fair it could be owt like and I very much doubt it’s anything to do with covid.

I think if you are well enough you go to work. I feel rough as owt, not as bad as when I had it in January.

My worry is if i lose my first 3 days pay.

I understand why people would go to work with COVID if they’re losing pay, I don’t blame them I blame management, but if I found out my colleagues were coming into work whilst positive I’d be straight out the door.

Shocking to think people are expected to work alongside COVID positive people without fuss.

To be fair it could be owt like and I very much doubt it’s anything to do with covid.

Been seen by an emergency GP. It's cellulitis.

She said it can be triggered as a secondary infection after a viral infection so yes it could have been because of the covid but in the same way as I could have developed it after flu or any other viral infection, so not a covid specific thing.

I'm on a course of antibiotics and steroid cream and hopefully that will clear it up but I have to go back urgently if it gets much worse, spreads further or I get symptoms of sepsis.

I understand why people would go to work with COVID if they’re losing pay, I don’t blame them I blame management, but if I found out my colleagues were coming into work whilst positive I’d be straight out the door.

Shocking to think people are expected to work alongside COVID positive people without fuss.
Yep thats the way I see it. I would hate to go in and pass it onto anyone. They could then take it home to someone vulnerable and that would be terrible.

She said it can be triggered as a secondary infection after a viral infection so yes it could have been because of the covid but in the same way as I could have developed it after flu or any other viral infection, so not a covid specific thing.

I'm on a course of antibiotics and steroid cream and hopefully that will clear it up but I have to go back urgently if it gets much worse, spreads further or I get symptoms of sepsis.
God that's awful becs, I hope the antibiotics do the trick and you're all better soon lovely lady xx 😘🤗 if you can draw a line around where it is now just to check if it spreads xx

I get that Becs. It returns intermittently. Knocks me for six so I keep a few anitbiotics at home just in case. Can be very nasty.

Back