Anyone currently positive?

No but you are an idiot anyway. Covid would have been introduced into your workplace regardless. We are around it every single day whether you like it or not. A positive or negative test won’t change that.

What about all the asymptotic people that wouldn’t take a test because they feel completely fine but are spreading it? It’s all complete bullshit now
I’m not an idiot. I’m taking sensible precautions.

It seems very odd that you felt the need to attack me on a forum about the virus because I’d said that I wouldn’t knowingly spread it around.

Have a think about that for a moment.

Unfortunately I can’t do anything about asymptomatic spread…but I can avoid actively adding to the spread.

It's hardly my fault if you don't understand basic English.
What about all the asymptotic people that wouldn’t take a test and are unknowingly spreading it everywhere? Any answer or more Gbeebies replies?
I’m not an idiot. I’m taking sensible precautions.

It seems very odd that you felt the need to attack me on a forum about the virus because I’d said that I wouldn’t knowingly spread it around.

Have a think about that for a moment.

Unfortunately I can’t do anything about asymptomatic spread…but I can avoid actively adding to the spread.
To be fair I apologise for calling you an idiot

Last edited:
What about all the asymptotic people that wouldn’t take a test and are unknowingly spreading it everywhere? Any answer or more Gbeebies replies?
How do you know that there are all of these asymptomatic people given that they have no symptoms and haven't tested?

How do you know that there are all of these asymptomatic people given that they have no symptoms and haven't tested?
Isn’t this what the whole pandemic was about? Wanting people to test, test, test because not everyone had symptoms? Have these cases suddenly disappeared?

Why are people getting triggered by other people taking tests? How does me taking regular tests in my house impact anyone else's life? 🤷‍♀️
It’s baffling. I’ve tested all the way through my recent infection to know I was safe with the Mrs.

I wonder how many of the triggered on here would feel differently if they were CEV and have been provided with a PCR test on standby for if they have symptoms - to get antivirals if it were to hit them. It certainly focuses the mind.

The faintest of positive lines this morning. Hopefully gone tomorrow. Will be going for a pint at the weekend regardless
CLEAR SECOND TEST

thank goodness for that. Good luck anyone testing positive this morning. It’s every bit as shite as I expected!

You’d go to the pub even if you were COVID positive? I mean that’s entirely legal but a bit risky to other people, no?

The ONS have a still running representative panel of households that complete tests on a regular basis which is used to approximate the prevalence of COVID across the country.

You’d go to the pub even if you were COVID positive? I mean that’s entirely legal but a bit risky to other people, no?

The ONS have a still running representative panel of households that complete tests on a regular basis which is used to approximate the prevalence of COVID across the country.
I was clear when I finally went, pretty much knew it would be the way it was going :cool:

I know that Statman but I don't believe that it details those who are positive but asymptamatic and mixing in their community/workplace.

I know that Statman but I don't believe that it details those who are positive but asymptamatic and mixing in their community/workplace.

We have reasonably accurate research on the % of cases likely to be asymptomatic so if you can approximate the number of total infections, then approximate the number asymptomatic you should be able to determine on any given day the number of asymptomatic carriers mixing with people.

Unless I have misunderstood something here?

We have reasonably accurate research on the % of cases likely to be asymptomatic so if you can approximate the number of total infections, then approximate the number asymptomatic you should be able to determine on any given day the number of asymptomatic carriers mixing with people.

Unless I have misunderstood something here?
Does the proportion of asymptomatic cases remain stable despite the copious mutations of the virus, vaccination rates etc?

Which I understand if you’re not living with CEV people

Guidance is as follows:

Most people who were identified as CEV are now well protected after receiving their primary and booster vaccination doses. For most people who were CEV, you are no longer at substantially greater risk than the general population, and you are advised to follow the same guidance as everyone else on staying safe and preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as any further advice you may have received from your doctor.

Guidance is as follows:

Most people who were identified as CEV are now well protected after receiving their primary and booster vaccination doses. For most people who were CEV, you are no longer at substantially greater risk than the general population, and you are advised to follow the same guidance as everyone else on staying safe and preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as any further advice you may have received from your doctor.
And if you look further into the advice on there -

• try not to meet people who have tested positive for COVID-19 until 10 days after they got their positive test result
  • try not to meet people who have symptoms of COVID-19 and have a temperature or feel unwell until they feel better

I’d rather take that advice thanks. My mrs has a condition listed on there.

And if you look further into the advice on there -

• try not to meet people who have tested positive for COVID-19 until 10 days after they got their positive test result
  • try not to meet people who have symptoms of COVID-19 and have a temperature or feel unwell until they feel better

I’d rather take that advice thanks. My mrs has a condition listed on there.
Try not to

It’s a bit wishy washy that mind

Guidance is as follows:

Despite being vaccinated multiple times, it can still take a very long time to fully recover from covid if you are CEV.

People are doing the right thing by testing to protect CEV's they live with or are in close contact with.

Back