Anyone currently positive?

Ive tested positive today for the first time, worst I've ever felt!
Still feeling rank. Had a shocking night. Never sweated so much in my life. The fever is unreal....can't get warm one minute, the next I'm on fire.

I'm way late to the party but it's not fun at all this virus.
This aswell

I thought on numerous occasions I've had it(testing negative) but it must have just been a bad cold. This is something else.

Shaking like a shittin dog last night. :/
Yeah me too mate, haven't been out of bed since yesterday apart from to go to the bog because of the shivers :cry:
Obviously some variants are worse than others because some of my mates have had it and said they hardly had any symptoms, I feel like death warmed up!

Tested positive last night, it was positive before the liquid had even filled the device - on two tests. Fortunately I don't have it as bad as some, at the moment I just feel a bit lethargic and can't seem to focus on anything for too long. Yesterday everywhere was aching.

Was out Sat night, Stack, then town.
At least 3 in our group now tested positive, meanwhile I feel fine, but Ive got a massive stye on the inside of my eyelid - is that contagious (or a symptom....:lol:)?

Yeah me too mate, haven't been out of bed since yesterday apart from to go to the bog because of the shivers :cry:
Obviously some variants are worse than others because some of my mates have had it and said they hardly had any symptoms, I feel like death warmed up!

Hope you're on the mend soon Marra - the youngest is just back to college after a week of it.

She felt like shite anarl, but increasingly better after the first two days.

Saying that, she has age on her side, so, it's been nice knowing you....:)

Tested positive just now after feeling like crap since Sunday night, didn't think it was covid as I still have my smell and taste and no cough. Yesterday was horrendous though, my legs felt like they were in a vice and somebody was squeezing them.

For anyone suffering - I'm taking 600mg of Ibuprofen and an Aspirin every 6 hours and it's helping with the fever, headache and aches.

Not sure if my organs will allow sustained usage but its helping for now.

I’ve just tested positive. Girlfriend has been unwell all week and done 5x lateral flows all negative, my son has been unwell, he was negative. They’ve had all the symptoms.
I’ve done one test and it’s positive :lol: very mild in comparison to my last experience. A very mild cold so far.
Was out Sat night, Stack, then town.
At least 3 in our group now tested positive, meanwhile I feel fine, but Ive got a massive stye on the inside of my eyelid - is that contagious (or a symptom....:lol:)?
My Dad has tested positive in the last 2 weeks and he’s also got a really bad eye problem. Looks like a stye but doc thinks conjunctivitis

Hope you're on the mend soon Marra - the youngest is just back to college after a week of it.

She felt like shite anarl, but increasingly better after the first two days.

Saying that, she has age on her side, so, it's been nice knowing you....:)
Cheers mate :D

Felt a bit ropey yesterday afternoon onwards and woke this morning to a thumping head and sweats, took a test this earlier this morning and I’m positive for the 1st time.

Parents have both tested positive in the past few days. Both struggling a bit with it to different degrees and it’s worse than a cold for the both of them.

Other half tested positive and kept on testing positive for a 9 day period. I was rough as anything but kept on testing negative. Convinced I had it and you can test negative and still have the virus apparently.

I think it varies massively even with the same variant - I caught it from @Wilfy so must be same variant as never left the house while he has poorly yet I’ve had a few symptoms he hasn’t like loss of taste and smell , apparently it’s down to genetics that side of things

I think it varies massively even with the same variant - I caught it from @Wilfy so must be same variant as never left the house while he has poorly yet I’ve had a few symptoms he hasn’t like loss of taste and smell , apparently it’s down to genetics that side of things
Think I've had every symptom part from loss of taste and smell. The wife hasn't had it yet like so only a matter of time I'm presuming for her!
My Dad has tested positive in the last 2 weeks and he’s also got a really bad eye problem. Looks like a stye but doc thinks conjunctivitis
I'm pretty sure I had it before it was officially announced as 'COVID' and I had conjunctivitis too...

Last edited:
Think I've had every symptom part from loss of taste and smell. The wife hasn't had it yet like so only a matter of time I'm presuming for her!

I'm pretty sure I had it before it was officially announced as 'COVID' and I had conjunctivitis too...

Aye we had it back at start of March 2020 and my eyes knacked then , it’s nowhere near as bad this time around with the vaccines but I was really unwell then and don’t want this to develop any further than it has so opted to get this infusion. Hope you feel better quickly

Aye we had it back at start of March 2020 and my eyes knacked then , it’s nowhere near as bad this time around with the vaccines but I was really unwell then and don’t want this to develop any further than it has so opted to get this infusion. Hope you feel better quickly
Cheers Nookie. My eyes have stopped stinging today and I've eaten summit today so looks like I'm on the mend slowly but surely and you too.

Back