Anybody ever done this at Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half an hour or so on your tablet or laptop is one thing, but the thought of these freaks rocking up at Starbucks with shedloads of computer equipment just totally cracks me up! :lol::lol:

I saw a video the other day of someone wheeling in and unloading a family sized trolley suitcase full of IT gear complete with circa 1995 CRT monitor just like the one in the OP :lol::lol:

Use a laptop in a Starbucks (or similar)? Yes. Was working from home, there was a power cut in my building so my Wi-Fi router was dead. Went to the coffee place round the corner, got stung for a stupidly overpriced drink and worked from there until the lights came on again.

A lot of my work is freelance, so I'm often sat on a train or a plane actually doing the work, then need to mail it somewhere on arrival. Again, the local cafe is just the job for that. Wouldn't want to do it all day, every day, but it has its uses.

Use a laptop in a Starbucks (or similar)? Yes. Was working from home, there was a power cut in my building so my Wi-Fi router was dead. Went to the coffee place round the corner, got stung for a stupidly overpriced drink and worked from there until the lights came on again.

A lot of my work is freelance, so I'm often sat on a train or a plane actually doing the work, then need to mail it somewhere on arrival. Again, the local cafe is just the job for that. Wouldn't want to do it all day, every day, but it has its uses.
No I don't mean people using a laptop or whatever, that's normal. It's the people who wheel suitcases full of flight simulation equipment in that just kill me :lol::lol:

You just know when he pulls back his pretendy "throttle" it will fall off the edge of the table. Unless he's blu-tacked it down :lol::lol:

No I don't mean people using a laptop or whatever, that's normal. It's the people who wheel suitcases full of flight simulation equipment in that just kill me :lol::lol:

You just know when he pulls back his pretendy "throttle" it will fall off the edge of the table. Unless he's blu-tacked it down :lol::lol:
That would keep me entertained just watching the freak. I love people watching, its the best coffee shop sport there is.

True, people do it because they think it's trendy, drinking, trendy, who would have thunk?
I actually go to a coffee shop because I like a relaxing coffee, and I get to watch all the oddities walk by.

Have to use it every day for work (the roundabout, not starbucks) and its not a bad roundabout

It's not that bad. Seems worse because not enough people know how to use the right lanes,
its ok....so long as you only want to go straight on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back