Anybody ever done this at Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never understood how people can do that like. It doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

They'll probably drink fewer cups per minute in the shop than the customers who could come and go in the seats they're in, so Starbucks don't make more money from them being there longer, it's an awful work environment, so they don't get work done. Everyone loses :lol:

Some people don't have a fixed working environment so it can be a useful temporary workspace.

In terms of cups per minute, does that not depend on capacity used? If you're place is permanently busy you may be losing out. But if not, these people might be providing a useful income in the slower periods.

I'm sure it's perfectly possible to get work done in them, depending on what sort of work it is.

Some people don't have a fixed working environment so it can be a useful temporary workspace.

In terms of cups per minute, does that not depend on capacity used? If you're place is permanently busy you may be losing out. But if not, these people might be providing a useful income in the slower periods.

I'm sure it's perfectly possible to get work done in them, depending on what sort of work it is.

I couldn't work in a noisy coffee shop like. Work in a sodding house or an office or a library like every bugger else.

I'd like to work out the cups per minute and opportunity cost of having the seats occupied all day but i have an exam in a few hours and should probably revise for that :lol:

I couldn't work in a noisy coffee shop like. Work in a sodding house or an office or a library like every bugger else.

I'd like to work out the cups per minute and opportunity cost of having the seats occupied all day but i have an exam in a few hours and should probably revise for that :lol:

What's the exam on?

What's the exam on?

Research methods in healthcare research, here's an excerpt for your reading pleasure:

Exposure to serotonin and non-serotonin reuptake inhibitors, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, and tricyclics, close to the time of delivery was associated with a 1.4 to 1.9-fold increased risk for postpartum hemorrhage. While potential confounding by unmeasured factors cannot be ruled out, these findings suggest that patients treated with antidepressants during late pregnancy are more likely to experience postpartum hemorrhage.

Yawn.

It's a different world now man Frijj. 'Workspace' means so much more. I don't think people go to the Library unless it's the British Library and you're knocking around the Knowledge Quarter. And offices are for squares in suits. A workspace is something you share, give and receive.

I only found this out when a start up offered me some workspace as part of the arrangements for visiting them.

Good luck in the exam.

Surely if using their facilities you are obliged to keep a coffee 'on the go' at all times, rather than just necking a latte for ten minutes out of every couple of hours?

In that case, on a conservative estimate of a cup every half hour, you would be hammering sixteen cups in a working day, if you used it as a makeshift office.

If I got anywhere near those levels, I would be pissing out of my arse, at which point no doubt some bastard would make off with my unattended flight simulator.

Research methods in healthcare research, here's an excerpt for your reading pleasure:

Exposure to serotonin and non-serotonin reuptake inhibitors, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, and tricyclics, close to the time of delivery was associated with a 1.4 to 1.9-fold increased risk for postpartum hemorrhage. While potential confounding by unmeasured factors cannot be ruled out, these findings suggest that patients treated with antidepressants during late pregnancy are more likely to experience postpartum hemorrhage.

Yawn.

Are you taking the exam in America? If not then learn to spell.

Starbucks in Durham and Ponteland figure. But Starbucks Consett??? FFS!!! :lol:

There's a picture going round Facebook at the moment of a lad fingering his lass at the bus stop whilst waiting for the last bus home (seriously and NSFW). In Consett, that is considered sophisticated.

Cornforth? Well I guess that's the sheep catered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back