Any wildlife /Bird photographers here (non pro)?

Quinninho

Midfield
Just wondering.

I did a little bit for a couple of years and it fell by the wayside as other commitments took priority. Spent a fortune on a canon big white and thinking about selling unless I can find time and energy to get back out again.

Just wondering.

I did a little bit for a couple of years and it fell by the wayside as other commitments took priority. Spent a fortune on a canon big white and thinking about selling unless I can find time and energy to get back out again.
Have you got any pics you took from back then mate. It would be interesting to see how they look with a top quality lens.

Quinninho

Midfield
whereabouts are you? Maybe find a club, I find it helps my motivation if I shoot with others.

That’s a hell of an investment
Yeah but I was flush at the time so it didn't hurt. I don't drink/smoke or spend a lot of money otherwise and I always liked to have decent stuff when it comes to Photography/ Guitars.

Its a bit obscene and I'm privileged to be able to do it.
Have you got any pics you took from back then mate. It would be interesting to see how they look with a top quality lens.
I have mate. I'll share some later..
To be honest might as well share my flickr

A lot of those are heavy crops and some are taken with a Tamron 150-600 (inferior glass) any that look crap are probably due to poor technique rather than the kit used.

:/

Last edited:
Yeah but I was flush at the time so it didn't hurt. I don't drink/smoke or spend a lot of money otherwise and I always liked to have decent stuff when it comes to Photography/ Guitars.

Its a bit obscene and I'm privileged to be able to do it.

I have mate. I'll share some later..

To be honest might as well share my flickr

A lot of those are heavy crops and some are taken with a Tamron 150-600 (inferior glass) any that look crap are probably due to poor technique rather than the kit used.

:/
Mate, they're absolutely fantastic. Really enjoyed looking at those and thanks very much for sharing them.