Any wildlife /Bird photographers here (non pro)?

@Quinninho I'm a bit behind the times as ever, so just seen them now.
Cheers mate, thanks for that.
Lovely photos.

Is that in Sunderland/North East?
I've never seen a badger in my life!
Worcester. The sett is in the scrub on the side of the sports field in front of our street.

Last night’s effort.

Logon or register to see this image

could be a Peregrine or a Hobby.. if theyre sort of Kestrel shaped.

Indeed!! If the shape is similar it's probably one of those. Most Falcons have those pointed wings..whereby hawks can be more rounded and the primaries can look like fingers.
Worcester. The sett is in the scrub on the side of the sports field in front of our street.

Last night’s effort.

Nice captures.

Only time I've seen them close up is when I was staying in a rented cottage in the lakes ...there were a couple kept coming to rummage in the bins at night - right underneath the ground floor bedroom window. Magic.

Last edited:

Last night’s effort.

That's brilliant that.
I live near the Straits of Gibraltar and saw a dead badger on a narrow dirt road last year, but never more than that.

It's handy for the bird migration, but I don't have a proper camera for it, or the extensive knowledge either.
A few birders come on holiday or live here because of the birding.
There's a colony of Northern Bald Ibis nearby, which is somewhat of a rarity.
Don't think Seaham has Peregrines as far as I know, could be Hobby or Buzzard having checked pictures.
Someone told me a while ago( at least 12 years) that there was a pair of peregrines over at Hawthorne. No idea if they are still there.

Last edited:
That's brilliant that.
I live near the Straits of Gibraltar and saw a dead badger on a narrow dirt road last year, but never more than that.

It's handy for the bird migration, but I don't have a proper camera for it, or the extensive knowledge either.
A few birders come on holiday or live here because of the birding.
There's a colony of Northern Bald Ibis nearby, which is somewhat of a rarity.

Someone told me a while ago( at least 12 years) that there was a pair of peregrines over at Hawthorne. No idea if they are still there.
Theres a female Peregrine that overwinters on one of the churches in sunderland most years. Also a pair have nested on the high level bridge in Skunkland for years. Still there despite the pigeon fanciers destroying their nest every year.

In fact the picture of a Peregrine in my Flickr is if the Male from that pair.

Back