Any signs of improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Only thing we’ve added to our game is shithousery ie. players staying down when they do need too, stopping play clutching their head when their head obviously isn’t hurt. Every other club does it so we may as well, other than that, no.

The pressure is definitely on Ross and I imagine a list of possible names is being drawn up to replace him.

I do have some sympathy as really we should have been promoted last season

No we shouldn't have.

Too many draws and not enough cleans sheets.

History repeating itself happening live.

Signs of improvement?...... absolutely f***ing none! If anything, we're going backwards! Constantly changing the side, leaving players out for weeks then putting them back in for 90 mins! Dropping important players and generally not having a f***ing clue on how to set up a side that he's been manager of for over a year!

Ross's big plan is to keep clean sheets yet Bolton and their 3 senior players have managed more....just let that f***ing sink in man.

Ross isn't a winner and doesn't know what it takes...cut the cord now and let him get back up to the safety of the SPL where he belongs. I really did think he'd be a good fit but it's just too big a job for him.

None.

I'm going to say it again, he should have been given his marching orders straight after the Charlton game. The bloke is a charlatan and way out of his depth at Sunderland.

We failed last year - 5th was a very poor performance. So the owners, rightly, put a target of 100 points. To do that we need marked improvement from last year. Ross targeted more clean sheets which has totally failed. So can anyone see any improvement or signs of improvement because I genuinely think we are worse than we were at the start of last season. I cannot see how Ross is going to turn us into a top 2 team.
I have to agree that we don't appear to be a patch on what we were at the start of last season mate. I honestly thought we had a good un in JR back then, but I am concerned about his apparent inability to change things around, re conceding goals.

I wasn't there last night as I work away but checking every few minutes I realized with stats our pass success was 53% against 67% with us at home making 70 less passes and in that less possession meaning creating less and more pressure on us.
So nearly 1 in 2 passes going astray that's shocking for a professional footballer at any level there lies the problem

We failed last year - 5th was a very poor performance. So the owners, rightly, put a target of 100 points. To do that we need marked improvement from last year. Ross targeted more clean sheets which has totally failed. So can anyone see any improvement or signs of improvement because I genuinely think we are worse than we were at the start of last season. I cannot see how Ross is going to turn us into a top 2 team.
No, we look a little worse than last year. No top 2 with these players. Top 6 at the outside.

No improvement to the style of play.

f***ing Ipswich get dicked every week in the championship, come down, spend no money and all of a sudden they’re unbeaten and have only conceded 4 goals all season. f***ing joke but shows what a competent manager can do with abit of organisation
This is the problem most of your supporters choose to ignore. There is a big gulf between Championship level and Division 3. You sign Division 3 and Scottish players then expect to be able to walk away with the title because you are a massive club. Have you brought in loans from Chamionship/Prem that are fringe players/gaining experience that need game time? These players are frequently better than our level. They are normally the reason we are so good at attacking. Rely on Division 3 players and you get a Division 3 side.

Yes you pay higher wages than most if not all. That is why you are near the top and not bottom. But you need a few players of a better quality who want to learn and want to play.

We came back from being behind yet again to win yesterday. It was our younger players that made it happen. Our opponents only had a single shot on target. We had most of the ball by far. You need energy at this level.

The person at fault is the one who decides on the transfer policy. If it is your manager then you should get rid ASAP. If it is someone else then you should give him a sweeping brush because you might find something he is capable of.

This is the problem most of your supporters choose to ignore. There is a big gulf between Championship level and Division 3. You sign Division 3 and Scottish players then expect to be able to walk away with the title because you are a massive club. Have you brought in loans from Chamionship/Prem that are fringe players/gaining experience that need game time? These players are frequently better than our level. They are normally the reason we are so good at attacking. Rely on Division 3 players and you get a Division 3 side.

Yes you pay higher wages than most if not all. That is why you are near the top and not bottom. But you need a few players of a better quality who want to learn and want to play.

We came back from being behind yet again to win yesterday. It was our younger players that made it happen. Our opponents only had a single shot on target. We had most of the ball by far. You need energy at this level.

The person at fault is the one who decides on the transfer policy. If it is your manager then you should get rid ASAP. If it is someone else then you should give him a sweeping brush because you might find something he is capable of.

Anar what you’re saying mate but Ipswich recruited Holy from Gillingham, Garbutt was on loan at Oxford, the centre back Wilson was on loan to Lincoln, the other Cb is an academy graduate, Norwood came in from tranmere and the other striker Jackson never looked good in the championship, he had previously been a hard working league 2 striker for Accrington. Vincent-young came in from Colchester, Jon Nolan who scored last night was recruited from Shrewsbury in 18/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pressure is definitely on Ross and I imagine a list of possible names is being drawn up to replace him.

I do have some sympathy as really we should have been promoted last season
:confused: Why? Of course we should have been promoted! That’s why there should be zero sympathy. He shouldn’t be manager here. He needs to fuck off back to Scotland ASAP.

Anar what you’re saying mate but Ipswich recruited Holy from Gillingham, Garbutt was on loan at Oxford, the centre back Wilson was on loan to Lincoln, the other Cb is an academy graduate, Norwood came in from tranmere and the other striker Jackson never looked good in the championship, he had previously been a hard working league 2 striker for Accrington. Vincent-young came in from Colchester, Jon Nolan who scored last night was recruited from Shrewsbury in 18/19.
A selection of young players and half decent players to make up a squad. I agree that some players brought in were of a different quality to what I said. Norwood had a couple of seasons scoring for fun. But Ipswich have Championship players. They might not be the best Championship players but if they give full effort they should be too good for most sides.

A selection of young players and half decent players to make up a squad. I agree that some players brought in were of a different quality to what I said. Norwood had a couple of seasons scoring for fun. But Ipswich have Championship players. They might not be the best Championship players but if they give full effort they should be too good for most sides.

Yeah might have some bottom end players but primarily they’re good because they’re well set up, well drilled and play very physically, then you sprinkle that bit of quality in and they look very good.

We had more than enough quality available to the manager last season. Oviedo came from marking Willian out in the World Cup and all of a sudden got dropped and couldn’t get a game for months. Lee Cattermole was a good player at that level. Josh Maja left to go and play in French Ligue 1. We never looked well drilled at any point and were scraping by because of individual quality week after week.

Nope. Same as last year. Any sniff of reasonable quality and we don't out perform the opposition. Agaisnt the dreggs of this league, I could manage the squad and it would win. That's not the Mark of a manager. It's agaisnt the rivals and contenders. He constantly shows he isn't up to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back